In the Shadows

*Bey POV*

"Kellllyyyyyy!" I shouted with excitement while dragging her name out.

I was too hype, so I had to hit my happy shmoney dance. Just at the age of twenty-five, I got my first real job, all thanks to my best friend Kelly. Because of her, tomorrow I become the official assistant of Mr. CEO himself, Shawn Carter. I'm so nervous, I'm shaking in my Louboutins. I've heard so much about Mr. Carter, and one thing I can say is that he's an extremely powerful and intimidating man. I just hope that I can handle working for him, and I hope he likes me.

"What big booty bitch?!" She shouted in return with a smile plastered across her face.

I simply rolled my eyes and chuckled at her response trying to contain my laughter. "Bruh, my booty isn't even that big!"

Just then, Kelly broke down into a fit of laughter and she laid out on the floor while holdig her stomach. "Bey, you a damn lie! Don't you know lying is a sin? You can go to hell for that."

"Man, whatever," I said flipping the finger up at her. "What's the meeting for tomorrow about anyway?"

"Mr. Carter just probably wants to meet you before y'all start working together." She stated while going through my closet.

Kelly pulled out my tight fitting black pencil skirt with a slit, a white button-up tank top blouse, and some Louboutin heels that were studded at the heel. I just stared at the outfit, contemplating on where the hell she was planning on making me wear it.

"Ummm Kels? Wher-" She cut me off mid sentence, even though she knows I hate when she does that.

"You, my darling, are going to wear this tomorrow to work, for when you meet Mr. Carter."

"Kelly. That outfit is super cute... Matter of fact, it's sexy. A little too sexy, especially for work."

"Honey," Kelly said after releasing a sigh. "There's no such thing as too sexy, espcially if your boss is Mr. Shawn Carter. He is honestly one of the sexiest men that I have ever laid my eyes on. He plays hard to get though. Like, extreamely hard to get, and even harder to appease. Every woman who works for his company wants him so bad, but they never seem to catch his attention, or at least in the way they want to capture his attention."

I sat down on the edge of my bed with the soft and silky saten sheets, just trying to calm down and take in what she just said. This just maked me ten times more nervous than I originally was. Thanks a lot Kels.

"Girl, why would I even try to catch his attention in that way? Reltions within the company are strictly prohibitted, so there's no point in even trying to impress him with the way I look." I sighed. "I'm not even over Michael anyway Kels." I said whisphering the last part softly.

Michael was my boyfriend since freshman year in high school, and was my first and only love. But he broke my heart and tore it into a million, shattered, little pieces. He had the audacity to tell me he didnt love me anymore and he moved on so quickly. We just broke up about a month ago, and that nigga already moved in with some basic, skinny ass bitch that is supposively his new girlfriend. She could never be me though. Shit, she ain't even half of me.

"Bey..." Kelly started off. "This man has the power to make Michael completely drift away from your mind. I'm not saying you have to plan on marrying Mr. Carter...just have a little fun with him if you know what I mean. He can and will make you forget about Michael, and real quick at that." Kelly stated with a naughty smirk forming on her face, while lifting her eyebrows up and down.

"Kelly, no." I replied shutting her idea down. "Number one, I don't even know the nigga, or know what he looks like. Number two, you already know I'm not the type of chick to just mess around with a man for fun. I like to be in a committed relationship, and it wouldn't be able to be like that with him because of the company policies."

"You actually could have a relationship with him though Bey. And as far as I know, he's a single man... as in not taken. As in, just jump on that di-"

"How Kelly? How?! How could I possibly dream of being with a man I haven't even met yet, espcially as long as I'm working for him?" I asked becoming tired of her antics.

"Keep it hidden in the shadows."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Author's Note

Hey y'all! This is my first story, so I would appreciate it if you could vote/comment and let me know what you think! How do y'all like it so far, and what do you think is gonna happen??

Love,

Maya😘💃❤️💋