Confused

Caitlin's POV:I'm sitting in the house working on a paper that's driving me completely insane

Caitlin's POV:
I'm sitting in the house working on a paper that's driving me completely insane. Just as I'm wishing for a distraction my housemates Iris and Cynthia comes in and they're going back and forth with each other.

Cynthia: I don't understand what the big deal is Iris. It's just a date for crying out loud.

Iris: (annoyed) Drop it Cynthia.

Caitlin: (confused) What's going on?

Cynthia: Scott asked Iris out for the thousandth time and Iris said no for the thousandth time.

Caitlin: Damn he doesn't give up. How many times can a person tell you no before you get it?

Iris: (annoyed) Thank you.

Cynthia: Don't encourage her Cait. She needs to get out and see someone. She only leaves this house to go to class.

Caitlin: She goes to parties with us.

Cynthia: Yea because we damn near dress her ourselves and drag her out the door. If we didn't force her she wouldn't.

Iris: I'm going to the party tonight and no one's forcing me.

Cynthia: Good that's a step in the right direction. Now take another and go out with Scott.

Iris: I'm done with this conversation. I'm gonna go get ready.

Iris goes to her room and Cynthia is left annoyed because the conversation didn't end the way she wanted it to.

Caitlin: Are you coming to Linda and Patty's party?

Cynthia: I have a date. Maybe later if my date doesn't go well, but do me a favor.

Caitlin: What?

Cynthia: If Scott is there make sure Iris at least dance with the poor guy.

Caitlin: Nope. I'm staying out of that.

I quickly leave and go to my room before she has time to try and suck me into a plot to try and set Iris up with Scott. It's not that I...

Okay I was about to lie. I don't want Iris to go out with Scott or anybody for that matter because the truth is I'm in love with Iris and I have been since freshmen year in high school. Now here we are six years later sophomores in college and I haven't said a thing to her about my feelings.