Chapter 5: Betrayal

The fifth chapter.

Enjoy!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Chapter 5: Betrayal

Adam, Eve, Alex, Alexa and Abraham all came to collect me from the hospital later that evening. The whole gang. Yay.

I had my right leg x-rayed; it wasn’t broken just severely bruised.

Daman had stayed at the hospital until ‘my family’ had turned up, and then he had swiftly departed.

Apparently, Abraham had left out the whole part where Daman had anything to do with helping me, instead telling our parents that he had carried me all the way to the hospital by himself, before calling them.

I was tempted to call his bluff, but decided against it, it may have hurt our future together after all.

So I bit my tongue, and vigorously nodded at appropriate intervals in Abe’s explanation.

Our parents seemed to buy it, and didn’t seem to mind that it was Abraham’s fault I was now impaired, temporarily, admittedly but still.

So I was now lying in my bed at Adam’s house, unable to sleep.

I was dog tired but my brain wouldn’t switch off.

I kept thinking about Abraham and me, about how Adam and Eve had reacted when they had heard we were officially dating each other. Saying they had been ecstatic is an understatement, I think if they could have they both would have burst from joy.

And that alternated with how…how blissful and euphoric I had felt in Daman’s arms, despite the fact I’d had a busted leg, and he was only doing it to cart me to the hospital.

Which is ridiculous because I have only known the guy for one school week, and for four of those days we didn’t even say one word to each other.

So, why did I like it so much?

I sighed, and rolled over in my bed, shutting my eyes.

I mentally went through all the muscles in my body, relaxing each one.

It was after two in the morning, and I wanted to have my recommended eight hours sleep before Eve came crashing into my room demanding I get up to entertain our guests.

I had nearly drifted off when I heard a soft thud by my window.

My eyes flashed open, and I sprang into a sitting position.

A figure was standing in a shadow in the corner of my room.

Was I having another nightmare?

I jumped out of my bed and momentarily forgot about my leg in my haste to be as far away from the figure as possible.

I was about to scream, when I bit down on my tongue, I didn’t want to wake anyone up if I screamed in reality, and ended up taking a sharp intake of breath and a whimper escaped from between my lips.

“Don’t stand up, sit down.” The figure soothed, and I knew it was Daman.

But the question was still real or dream?

I did as he said though, and immediately relief flowed through me, it didn’t hurt anymore.

“Am I dreaming?” I asked but then wanted to slap myself on the forehead. If he was a dream he would say no, if he was real he would say yes. Did I really want to know? But then of course, he might try and trick me just to see what I secrets I would tell him. But then he might be counting on me thinking he was tricking me when really it was just a dream. Or he might be counting on me thinking he was tricking me, by me thinking it was a dream when really it was reality. God, this was complicated…