2

corbyn's pov~

i wipe down yet another table, my arms aching in over exhaustion as the cloth moves swiftly along the surface, catching any spilt liquid. i stand up slowly, stretching out my back and letting out a long, rather exaggerated sigh. i make my way to the counter, jumping over it and setting myself behind it, my slightly heeled shoes knocking against the marble floor. i begin setting out glasses under the counter, neatly putting them into a line so i can be ready for the many orders i was bound to get in the upcoming hours.

"besson!" i jump at the loud voice of one of my coworkers, oscar, looking over at him curiously. "we're opening the doors, you ready?"

that's a more loaded question than it seems. every night, i spend hours upon hours serving drinks and getting hit on, which isn't usually what a twenty-one year old would spend his time doing. sometimes, i wonder what the heck i'm doing here, why i decided to ever accept this job, and then i remember the money. i turned down the chance to work at a science investigation centre, out of fear, and instead i work here; at the time, i turned down my dream job because i was scared that i wasn't trained well enough. they'd seen a project i had done towards the end of my high school years, and they decided to find out more information about me from my teachers. when they discovered by obscene skills in the scientific areas, they interviewed me and immediately offered me a spot, despite my lack of years studying at uni, claiming that i already knew most of what the university graduates know. i wouldn't be working for money at the start, just learning, and that immediately put me off.

money has always been a difficult for me and my family, and after high school (which was a stretch in itself), i didn't even think about continuing my education, i went straight to making enough money to live off.

if i really wanted, i could probably still get the job. they're still pestering me to accept it, claiming that i have some sort of 'insane talent', but i'm too afraid of it. i'm too afraid of being undervalued and not smart enough, and eventually dropped. i couldn't ever risk that. at least here i'm the best at my job.

"i guess so." i sigh, giving oscar a tight smile and preparing some more glasses. it never takes long for the place to fill up, so i wait patiently for the people to start coming in. the music immediately starts booming, taking me by surprise. the lights start flickering wildly, the colours lighting up the corners of the room and reflecting off the crystal glasses.

i watch the overly excited people walk through the doors, all dressed in exaggerated outfits and beginning to dance as soon as they feel the intense beat of the music thumping through them. it doesn't take long for a group of girls to come up to me, all chatting loudly, before the tallest blonde leans over the counter, her shirt way too revealing. i breathe deeply and plaster on a very fake smile.

"hello, how may i help you?" i say loudly, my voice falsely cheery. the blonde smirks at me, leaning her head on her hand and twirling a piece of hair on her finger.

"hey gorgeous, could we have five martinis please?" she asks with a low voice, all her friends whooping and cheering in the background. she slides the money towards me and i take it, grinning tightly.

"coming right up." i say through gritted teeth, before turning away to start preparing the drinks, hearing the loud voices of the girls carry out their excitement. i sigh, closing my eyes momentarily.

i'm really tired of this.

i'm getting worse at hiding it.

i'm jaded, can't fake it.

a/n

so the boys have just announced 4/12 and i'm still writing this one KJSKSSJSK