6

corbyn's pov~

i jump when someone taps on my shoulder, making me flip around. i was in the storage room, since tonight it was my turn to bring the stocks out, rather than serving. one of the less enjoyable parts of my job, since i'm left with the worst muscle pains afterwards, but at least i can get away from the loud music and slutty people for a few hours. i mean, it's rather peaceful, if i'm speaking truthfully, and if i put on my own music, i can almost drown out the thumping that comes from above.

i quickly turn to face oscar, giving him a strange look.

"oscar? it's still my turn unload. your on counter duty." i say in a 'duh' tone. oscar wasn't in any threatening position for me, so i could be as rude as i pleased. well, he's still human so i was never too rude to him. but he can get annoying sometimes.

"your lover boy is looking for you." he completely ignores my comment, and the words that leave his mouth make my stomach flip and i freeze. he doesn't seem to be joking, his face completely serious.

"m-my what?" i say shortly, making him furrow his eyebrows.

"you know that jack dude that you haven't stopped talking about? yeah, the one with really curly hair." he gestures to his own head. holy crap, jack is here. after last week, i definitely didn't think i'd see him again; this didn't really seem to be his scene. but he's hasn't managed to leave my head, he really enchanted me. "he asked for you. i'd go see him if i were you." oscar finally cracks a small smile, and i'm reminded of why he's my only friend here; despite his annoying side, he has good intentions, and he does care about me.

"go see him? but - what -" i stutter, looking around frantically.

"dude, he's come here just to see you! you gotta go get him. besides, you haven't stopped talking about him all week... maybe he feels the same." he winks, holding the door open so i can exit.

"fine, fine, i'll go." i take a deep breath as i start walking out the door, before something hits me and i turn back to him with wide eyes. "wait, how's my hair!" i exclaim. oscar rolls his eyes, brushing it out of my eyes slightly.

"besson, he's barely gonna be able to see you in the dark! besides, if the night ends the way you want it to, your hair will be messed up anyways..." he grins cheekily, and i slap his chest with the back of my hand, my eyes wide.

"oscar! shut up." i blush darkly, until finally oscar pats my back, his loud laughs still escaping.

"get a move on besson! or else i'm telling the boss." he winks, and that sends me off with one final nervous look. as i walk up the stairs, the music gets louder and louder, and my heart hammers in my chest. i wipe my now sweaty hands on my trousers, breathing in deeply from my nose.

you can do this corbyn, i encourage myself. when i finally enter the loud, rowdy club, my gaze immediately goes to the counter, where i spot the familiar curly haired boy, gripping his drink tightly and looking fairly awkward. i smile instantaneously, making my way towards him. as i do, he looks up suddenly, and a large smile forms on his face when our eyes lock.

when i'm merely meters away from him and about to say hello, someone grabs me by the shoulder, and i turn to see my boss, wearing his dark uniform.

"besson, someone threw up in the bathroom, could you go wipe it up please? thanks!" he quickly says before beginning to lead me in that direction. i look over at jack desperately, and gesture a five with my hand, and he just nods understandingly. as i see the bathroom approaching me, i think back to what i've been requested to do, and i cringe; i turn back to meet jack's eyes once more and i give him a pleading look before mouthing the words "save me".

hi guys! im publishing a jachary book for "don't change" soon x