Chapter 5: the Mad Hatter

"Owww... my head hurts.... ow"

"Good Afternoon, Alice..."

"Cat, How long was I out?"

"Only in a few minutes"

"Tell me, where am I?"

" I already told you... you're in the hatter's domain"

Oh, I almost forgot about it...I was inside the cable car when suddenly it crashed into the wall and I was thrown immediately into the hard metal ground...I fell unconscious afterwards... when I try to recall everything about the accident, I then remembered something extremely important...

"Chesire?" behind my back, I secretly grabbed my vorpal blade in a slow pace so that I can go for an instant kill without him even noticing...

"Trying to exterminate me... hmmm"

"How did you know I was going to do that?"

"Intuition my dear"

"And since when did you have some kind of....intuitions?"

"I mentioned it before... I am the most intelligent creature that you have ever created here in wonderland"

"Still, in my case... it is very ironic"

I glanced at my own surroundings and at the same time I wandered to different places within every structure on the hatter's domain... it's interesting though that Hatter has been making large tea factories... I guess his mindset have changed that he even consider focusing on industrial things... but as far as i know, the tea can only be serve on his strange tea party accompanying with the same guests over and over and over again...Well, what else can I expect from him...his mad afterall...

Then I went into a complete stop and found myself staring at a door...

"A normal door? what's it doing in here?... it's not even attached from a wall and yet it stands alone"

"Are you ready to regain your memories?"

"Cat?!... you startled me... and what do you mean I'm ready?"

"Beneath that door lies the memories of the past... the memories of fire"

"You mean... my forgotten memories?"

"Yes..."

I have to go... this is my chance...this is my chance of knowing the truth...Mother...Father...Lizzy...I'm getting closer...I'm getting closer of finding out the answers to your deaths

"Very well... I shall go"

When I entered the door... I saw a familliar place...I saw my family picture... My Mother, my Father, my elder sister Lizzy, and myself... it was on top of the fireplace...surely, it brings back those days of happiness that i am with them...then, I saw so many books arranged inside all the bookshelves... Or some of them being piled up because of the lack of room to fit in... my father's own desk...the big round globe...his old camera displayed aside the room...I remember now, it was our home library... then i came to realize that "Our lovely library was a fire trap. A configration, waiting to happen!"... the next thing I knew I was already outside the door and came clashing with the enemies...

"is that it?.... is that all of it?" i said after defeating my enemies and went rushing to the door...unfortunately the door was empty and leaving no traces of our library... nothing at all...

"It appears that your memories are being shattered... most of them are being scattered among the vast areas of wonderland..."

"Chesire... tell me, where are the other doors?... I need to find them..."

"I'm so sorry Alice...but, i have limited access of detecting their specific locations... it was you who build those doors... not me"

"You mean...I was the one~~~"

"Yes Alice... it was you who built them...and only you can find all of them...the proof, that key you are just holding now" He's right... I am holding a key...

"Now Alice... Hatter's whereabouts is only straight ahead... you must make haste..."

For the first time I am in total agreement with Chesire...I must make haste...If I will not solve this case faster and sooner, it will become the end of me... and the end of wonderland...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally i successfully reached Hatter's destination...but to my own surprise, I saw him in a very poor state...his head was being detached seperately away from his own body...

"Hatter, I recall leaving you in a decrepit condition, but not in peices." I said after picking up his head

"what, what?... Oh, its you..."

"What's happened here?...You've lost you're hat, and some... parts are missing"

"Missing, indeed. Though, things being what they are... I barely miss their missing. As to what's happened, you should know that better than I. It's your place after all. I know my place."

"When did you ever know your place, or how to keep it? Now, what's going on?

Then we heard an abrupt screeching noise coming from the outside...

"Ahhh. That's going on. And around, and up and down, in my ears, through my eyes, and up my nostrils, down my gullet and winding in my guts...."

"Papa was exceedingly fond of trains, I don't like them much."

" You wont like this one at all. Nothing like when Mock Turtle was in charge of the Looking Glass Line. This railroad's a bloody shambles. The stink is ferocious; the light, blinding; the noise, hellacious; the~~~~"

"Ah quite, Hatter. I get the idea; a bad train"

"The world is upside down, Alice. Inmates run the Asylum- no offense. And worst of all...I'm left tea-less."

"Tragic. If I do help, will you help me in return?"

"Cross my heart, If I had one.Find my limbs and tossed them into the chute. Machines will do the rest. Be on your way now. That's a good girl. Best way out is through the Clock Face."

Hmmp... bossy like a girl... I have no choice... i need to gather some information if I wanted this little investigation to operate...Now where is the Clock Face...

=========================================================

this storyis based on the game "Alice Madness Returns" I remake some parts of it... so enjoy