Chapter 6: The Clock Face

As I walked towards the center of the Clock Face an unusual blue Umbrella came down floating gracefully from the sky...Weird to have such an item from this kind of spot...I mean it's not even raining tea, if I would have to over exaggerate myself...

"Where is it come from?...I wonder who's the owner of this umbrella?" curiouser and curiouser

" It's All yours, Alice"

"You again, Cat... when will you stop bothering me and stop reappearing before my eyes?"

"That would be impossible to happen, Alice...you know me very well..."

"And you annoyed me for almost a decade now... I would say, i rather prefer to be alone than to have you in my company..."

"Typical of you to say that..."Urggh... he's really getting me into my nerves... best not to notice him if I wanted to maintain my temper...

I stand still and composed myself in order to stay calm for seconds...then I wandered my eyes starting from left to right, identifying and familliarizing the whole place...from my left is the structure of "Smelling and Regurgitating"... probably for the process of different tea fragances... infront of me was the "Assemblage for Destruction" and they even wrote and highlighted the words "as required' below it...Tsss...such petty and parthetic schemes...as if that's gonna work for tying to insult me...and last but not the least, to my right is the structure of "Cranking Up and Pressing Down"...Must be a way for polishing all tea products...So which among this three will I go first?...hmmmmmm...I had a very hard time to choose my first destination...

"Oh... by the way, cat... when you said that this umbrella is mine...what does that refer to?...I mean, what kind of special attributes does it make?"

"You can use it as a shield... to protect you from your enemy's projectile attacks?"

"Like what kind of attacks?"

"Fireballs"

"You're kidding me...really?...fireballs?" As if I'm going to fall for that...

"I am deadly serious, Alice...look at what's behind you..."and so I did

"Oh great... its the Menacing Ruin..."... Menacing ruins are like the enlarged sizes of insidious ruins...They have three doll faces, two arms that protect them, and nozzles with bits of other train debris sticking out from the tops of their beings. They are large, misshapen, and have three legs made of Ruin...

I quickened my pace as I started charging towards the creature using my vorpal blade...But I was surprised when he actually deflected my attacks by covering its two huge porcelain arms to protect itself...to my disadvantage, I can't find any open spots to strike through its body...Then it launched a counterattack by forcibly swiping me across the corner of the clock face using only its one big arm...

When I was down, it took the chance to dispense an attack by throwing fireballs and creating ground explosions....then it charges on a propelled speed to hit me with another swift strike... with so much force it caused me flying into the mid air and I nearly even fell down from the clock face...I looked below and all I could see is just a vast covered mist...beneath it is an unknown abyss... what could possibly go wrong!

"Aaahh".... I painfully hissed... the creature is strong...it got a pretty good job inflicting a good damage towards me...If this situation keeps on going, the possibility of my own survival will be less expected...I need to focus and concentrate so that I can find its weak spot and then I can finish this battle off quickly...But the question is, how the heck in this world will I do that?!...

"Think Alice!...think!..."then it popped inside of my head...

"of course!...The umbrella!"...Chesire told me that it is some kind of a shield capable of defending me from any projectile attacks...If his words are true, I guess I better try it then before everything else gets into a worse scenario...

"Please let this thing work..." i saw the monster plucked a big ball of tar from its body and set the thing on fire...I waited for a little timing to throw it against me...and when it did, I opened the umbrella in unison...the umbrella directly deflected the attack and diverted its direction initially causing the monster to be knock-out on its knees...Finally, it no longer has the ability to fortify its defense...

"Now this is easy..." I said facing the monster...It didn't respond...I don't care anyway...doesn't matter to me...

Without any second thoughts, I ended its monstrosity by the swift of my vorpal blade...

"What a very good performance, Alice..."

"Hmmph...That's all you could say... you didn't even managed to help me, cat..."

"Fighting is not my thing, Alice... It never was... besides, my interest are being settled on instructions, strategies, predictions... so forth"

"What are you my guidance councilor?... tsss"

~~~~~ground shaking~~~~~~

"Waa... an earthquake?!"...I shouted as I stumbled and fall many times...it becomes more evident to me that a huge levitating clock gear came into surface in the middle out of nowhere...

"It cleared a path for you"... the cat explained

It totally make sense now cause I completely noticed there is a separate station on the left side of the clock face and a railroad connecting to the Smelling and Regurgitating edifice...

With no doubt on my skills, I jumped towards the gear, landed towards the station and then came across upon a large-sized-tea-cup-cable cart which was just a few seconds away from its arrival...when I hopped inside the cart, a sudden strange feeling struck me ...like my instincts are telling that a bad omen is going to happen...

"Someone must have been waiting for me on the other side ..."...Oh well... Just have to shake things up because there will be no turning backs on this one...All I need to do is to find the Hatter's Limbs and everything will follow...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Arrival~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A good worker is a live worker...free to live and work!...ahehehe... a bad worker is a dead worker...and vice versa...don't be a bad worker...a bad work is for slaves and dead!... ahehehe...payday for good workers has been postponed indefinitely!...payday for bad workers is cancelled!..."

That voice... is it...The Door Mouse?...