Chapter 2: Demons Hide

"Nurse Nana... I'm so glad that you were here...It's been a month since i last saw you...how are you?"

"Im fine dear... I've been living very well in my apartment..."

 "Oh... is that so."my god... i'm glad that Nurse Nana was here...that gave me quite a relief...

"What happened dear?... you're so pale...you look like you have seen a ghost... come to my place... i'll prepare you a nice cup of tea..."

"There is no need for that Nurse Nana... I'm totally---"

"Nonsense dear, i know something's wrong with you and you definitely need time to relax... i know that you've been struggling so hard to live on your own after you became an orphan...and i see you were to tired to manage things... "

I stayed silent... maybe she's right... I am tired... i need a rest of things...

"The night before your sister's engagement party was a tragic one... accidentally, a cat started a fire that tripped a lamp displayed in your library...the whole house was in a blazed and only you managed to escape...you've got third degree burns in your skin and was hospitalized for 2 years...i saw you grow helpless... you even sent to the mad house because of your mental disabilities  and----------"

"STOP... i had enough!... don't try to remind me everything... i know what happened to my family and the rest of my very sad story"... i don't wanna hear it...i don't want to hear it at all...

"Alright... i'm being too harsh on you... i'm sorry... just come to my place, okay?"

"Fine." Nurse Nana acompanied me to her apartment, and like what she said earlier we did have tea for awhile...after a nice chitchat with her she decided to offer me to live in her apartment since i don't have a permanent place to stay... i wanted to refuse but she insisted... Anyway, it was good thing that i was able to find a shelter before the winter season starts to get even colder... the problem is---

~~~~A few day's later~~~~~

"Nurse Nana... I don't have enough money to pay you..."

"Oh my...that's very bad... if you can't pay... then, you can't stay..." What? I thought she will be considerative about this... something's fishy about her...She became odd to me... as if she's....changed?... Why? For what reason? ...

Recently she's been acting really weird towards me... she made me buy things that are not suitable for my taste like beers and wine... she gave me dresses that exposes alot of my skin. I didn't have the chance to wear them, but this time I don't appreciate it at all ...she even take me to strange places like the clubs and told me to be sociable with the men... men that are stinky with smells of liquior... 

"Nurse nana...I--- will find a way... don't worry... I will find a job... just wait 'till i have the money----"

"There's no need for finding a job... you already have one..."

"E-excuse me?..."

"You will work at a club..."

"As a bartender?... as a waitress?...well i'm looking forward to------"

"No, no, no, as their private dancer my dear..."

"What?...What did you say?"

"You didn't understand what i'm saying?...well let me explain it plainly...you will work as their whore...now if you will excuse me... i will need to feed my pigeons at the rooftoop..."

I can't believe this... I'm so confused right now... Her words kept ringing inside my head... PRIVATE DANCER?! WHORE?!...there's no way I'm going to do that... I rushed towards the rooftop to have a real word with Nurse Nana...when i reached the deck i saw her feeding her pigeons..

"Why? Why?...I thought you were kind... I thought you cared... but all of it was a lie... you've been selling women for those stinky unproductive men!..."

"Well, Alice Lidell...that's the thing when you trust too much...you get betrayed so easily...isn't it?"

"Nurse Nana?"

"ack..grr...grraahhh...ahhh"

"Nurse Nana... what's happening to you?...no, no,no, stay away... stay away! MONSTER!"

"ALICE...AcK...grrack...WRAAAAAAAAHHH"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhh...huh... where am I?"...wait I'm Falling... no I'm Floating... WONDERLAND?

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE: this story is based from the game "Alice Madness Returns"