Five

"Good morning sleepy head" I heard a voice say as my eyes began to open, squinting from the light.

"How did we get here?" I mumbled not fully awake yet.

Me and Kian were now led in my bed apposed to the balcony which is where I fell asleep last night.

"It got rather cold last night and I don't think you would have appreciated me dragging your duvet out onto the balcony so I just carried you here" Kian explained, still smiling.

I just nodded, rubbing my eyes in an attempt to wake myself up even more. 

"What time is it?" I grumbled.

"10am" Kian whispered.

"Ughhh, it's so early!" I whined, rolling over onto the other side so I was facing away from Kian.

I felt him rest his hand on my waist and he began to pull me closer.

"But you're already awake, you can't go back to sleep now" Kian whined back at me.

"Watch me" I said, now facing Kian and closing my eyes once again.

Just then, I heard my phone vibrating from the across the room.

I huffed as I stood up to go and see who it was.

It was Jc calling me. What did he want?

I answered it, signally for Kian to be quiet.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Sorry did I wake you up?" Jc asked.

"No, is everything alright?" I asked him.

"Um, have you by any chance seen Kian since last night?" he asked.

"Kian? Why?" I said.

I looked over at Kian who was now sat up in my bed. He began shaking his head at me and mouthed 'don't tell him at me'. I nodded at him, reassuring him that I won't say anything to Jc.

"Well he told us that he was going out for a bit last night after you left but he didn't say where and he hasn't come back yet. I'm just worried about him" Jc said, sounding nervous.

"I haven't seen him, sorry but I'll let you know if I do" I lied.

"Okay thank you, see you later Gemma" he said before hanging up.

I put my phone back down and walked back over to the bed.

"Why didn't you tell Jc?" I asked him.

"I just don't want anyone to know we're hanging out" he muttered.

"Why though?" I was curious now. Was I really that embarrassing that he didn't want anyone to know we're friends. Well I'm assuming we're friends.

"I just don't, okay. Can we stop talking about it now?" Kian asked, getting annoyed.

I nodded at him, smiling slightly.

"Anyway, how come you moved here then?" Kian asked me.

"Oh, we just needed a fresh start" I told him, reluctant to go into details.

"A fresh start from what?" he asked, not showing any sign of giving up asking anytime soon.

I sighed knowing I would have to tell him sooner or later.

"Ok, well in my old school, I used to get bullied a lot. It was for stupid things like me having a crush on someone who was 'out of my league' and me wearing glasses and shit but my best friend was there for me and she made it a little easier to deal with. After a while, she told me she didn't want to be seen hanging around with 'someone like me' so she turned on me as well." I began.