6

"Are we really doing this?" Freddy asked as he glanced over at the girl

"Are we really doing this?" Freddy asked as he glanced over at the girl. "He doesn't even look or sound like Billy." Riley stood there for a second and curled her coat more around her body. Her eyes flickered over to meet Freddy's gaze.

"Honestly the only reason I'm agreeing to meeting him is because if it is Billy then that means there is going to be some cool superhero origin story that I want to be apart of," Riley admitted.

Freddy chuckled. "And this is why I like you," he muttered. "What?" Riley asked, having not heard him. Freddy's face went blank before he nervously said, "What?"

Riley watched the boy for a moment before shaking her head with a small smile. "Come on, let's go before Rosa and Victor see us," she said and Freddy quickly nodded, ready to get out of the awkward situation he had put himself into.

The two opened up the door to Freddy's bedroom and looked out in the hallway. All the other doors were closed and no one was in sight, so they slowly snuck out before hurrying down the stairs as quick and as quiet as possible.

They were just about to step out and head to the back door when Freddy saw Rosa walking their way with her gaze focused on a book she was reading. Freddy's eyes widened and he quickly grabbed Riley before pulling her back up a few of the stairs.

Rosa started to walk near the stairs before Victor called out, "Rosa, I need some help." "Coming," Rosa said before she disappeared back the way she had come.

Freddy let out a small sigh of relief and turned to look at Riley only to find that he had pined her up against the wall and their faces were dangerously close to each other. His face instantly reddened. "Hi," he whispered. Riley chuckled. "Hi, Freddy," she whispered back.

Freddy let out a nervous laugh and quickly stepped away. "Uh. . .we should be good to go now," he said. "Okay, then what are we waiting for?" Riley asked. Freddy smiled at her before the two made their way down the rest of the stairs and out the back door without Rosa or Victor noticing.

They got outside and closed the door behind them before making their way towards where the man who claimed to be Billy was currently looking at his reflection in a car mirror. Once 'Billy' caught sight of the two, he looked up and let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, oh, thank God!" He exclaimed as he started to run over them. Freddy was quick to hold up his phone which had 911 already typed in while his finger hovered over the call button. "Hey, stop right there. How do I know you're not a super villain using your telepathic abilities to make us believe that you're Billy? Huh? All I have to do is press dial on this thing," Freddy said.

"No, no! I can prove it! I can prove it!" the man exclaimed. "Here." He pulled out a backpack that was obviously Billy's. "Look I lied, okay? I took your bullet." He pulled out a plastic bag that held the Superman bullet in it only for the bullet to fall out and bounce onto the grate below before falling into the sewer.