Chapter 7

Not Edited*

The next morning, I decide to actually show my face. Breakfast was being served, so I walked downstairs to make myself a plate.

Bree was nowhere in sight when I cut through the dining hall. I opened the doors to the kitchen to find none other than Damon. When he saw me, he smiled brightly and turned back to the person he was speaking to. "Mabel no longer has to do work around the pack house."

My eyebrows furrow and I am left speechless. Damon turns to me and practically drags me to the dining hall. He pulls out the seat next to the head of the table. I hesitantly sit down. He is actually acting like a real mate. He takes a seat and starts chowing down on his breakfast.

"You didn't have to do that. I don't mind doing work around the house." I'm picking at my food with my fork.

"Of course I did. You are the Luna of this pack. A luna doesn't do chores meant for an omega." The way he said "omega" made my heart squeeze. I was once an omega. The only reason I have a higher status is because of Damon.

"You need to eat." Damon is working on seconds and I'm still on my first helping. I raise the fork up to my mouth. I can feel Damon's eyes follow my motion. I quickly chew and swallow. "Good girl."

The rest of breakfast went by rather smoothly. That is until Damon said, "we need to talk." His tone was low. What could he possibly want now? Audrey seemed on edge too.

Damon drags me out to the garden. The flowers are blooming and it is absolutely breathtaking. I have no clue why I don't spend more time out here.

"I want you." Okay, straight to the point. "I know you don't trust me, yet. That's why I want to take you out." My breathing stops for a split second.

"Like... a date?"

"A date." He smiles.

"When?" My voice is shaky and shocked at the same time.

"Tonight." He grabs my hand and slightly squeezes.

"Okay." I had no other words. I can't say no because Audrey would throw a hissy fit. And quite frankly, I want to go. Damon is my mate after all. Even though he didn't accept me at first, we still have a bond.

"Great. I'll pick you up at seven." His grin and the eye contact make me blush. Audrey is running circles in my mind. I've never been so happy in my entire life! I roll my eyes. Me neither.

6:57

I wonder if he will be right on time or late. If you're early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late. Audrey is obviously frustrated.

6:58

Take a seat on my bed and place my hands in my lap. Maybe he has Alpha duties to attend to. It isn't even 7:00 and I am worried.

6:59

Okay, maybe he will knock right at 7:00. I start pacing around my room. Maybe he got lost on the way here. He has been in our room. Crap. I decide to open the door and check the hallway.

I didn't get to look because Damon was blocking my view.

"Oh! Hi." He rubs the back of his neck and his cheeks have a pink tint to them. Aw! He is blushing. Audrey has calmed at the sight of him. "I was just about to knock."

"So where are we going?" I have a pale yellow sundress on with nude sandals. Nothing too fancy. But Damon seems to be speechless.

"My favorite restaurant." He smiles. "You look amazing." Now it is my turn to blush. He takes my hand and we head out of the packhouse. He leads me to a beautiful silver sports car and opens the passenger side. "After you."

After a short, silent drive, we arrive at a small diner. The sign says Dean's in bright red letters. I didn't take Damon as a diner type. "I hope you like cheeseburgers and ice cream."

"I love both." We order our food and take a seat at a table. The waiter brings our food after a few minutes and we dig in.

"So, how is the Alpha life?" I question.

"You'll soon find out when you become Luna. But, between you and me, it is not what I expected." His answer left me with more questions.

"Do you think I'll be a good Luna." He sighs at my question.

"I don't think, I know you will be a good Luna." He reaches over the table and grabs my hand. "If you ever need help, I'll be there."

I smile a bit and squeeze his hand. We ate silently for a few minutes until he asked if I wanted any ice cream. "Of course I do." We both order chocolate chunk. More like, he orders it for me.

I hear the bell of the door, signaling that someone walked in the diner. I don't worry about it until I look up at Damon. His eyes are glued on the person that just walked in. I look over my shoulder and my heart drops.

Bree just walked in with another man. I look back at Damon, and his eyes show his anger. I feel the urge to cry. He shouldn't care about her anymore. I mentally facepalm myself, of course he still likes her.

He hasn't taken his eyes off of her and the man. I grab my purse and stand up out of my chair. "Thank you for dinner." My voice is quiet but I know he heard me. He is knocked out of his trance by my words.

"Where are you going?" I don't answer, as I practically run out of the diner. I can hear his quick steps behind me. "Mabel wait! What's wrong?"

"What's wrong is that you still love her!" He is speechless. "I thought you were over her but obviously I was mistaken." I run my hands through my hair. "Goddess I'm such an idiot!"

1020 words

Wow. One thousand reads. Thank you all so much! Here is another chapter, enjoy!