Ten

Joe called me to a crime scene, apparently Clyde Mardon was alive. I flashed my badge and entered the scene, Barry and Iris were talking nearby so I went over to them. "Hey," I said.

"Avery" Barry sighed, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm a detective, Barr, the minute my partners are called, I get called," I said. "What happened?" 

"Police chase that led to a death" Iris said, "They nearly hit us, but Barry saved us and ran after to get license plate" 

I huffed, "Iris, can I talk to Barry alone?" I asked. Iris nodded and headed over to talk to Singh. "Barry"

"I know," He said, "I can't exactly tell her about my speed"

"Barry, I know what your thinking," I said. "The lightning, man in the yellow suit"

"He was like me," Barry said, "He had to be"

"But how? Last I checked there was no particle accelerator before 2000" I said.

"I don't know" He sighed. 

"Barry!" Joe came over with Iris. "What the hell happened?"

"We're fine," Barry said, "I ran after the car to get the license plate"

"Are you crazy?" Joe asks.

"Joe," I said. He waves me off, pointing at Barry.

"No, you are supposed to run the other way Barr, you aren't a cop nor are you invincible" Joe began scolding him. "Can you both give us a minute"

I give Barry a look, he nods and I take Iris to walk over to where Eddie was. "What's wrong?" Eddie asked.

"Dad's scolding Barry" Iris sighed.

"Oh," Eddie nodded. He pulled out his phone. "The sketch for the bank robbery this morning came back"

"Oh?" I asked.

"That can't be right, here, I'll be right back" He handed me his phone and I looked at the photo.

"What the hell?" I asked. I looked up at Iris. "Clyde Mardon was for sure on that plane when it was thrown out of the sky?"

"Yea, my father saw it clear as day," Iris said, "Why?"

"Crap" I sighed. He had to be one. "One-"

"Your father killed your mother Barry! There was no man in a yellow suit, just a scared kid trying to save their father!" Joe exclaimed.

"Dad!" Iris called out. 

"No, Iris" Joe said. "I have done my best to take care of you since that night, and I have never asked for anything in return, not even a thank you. But what I do ask now is that you, for one in your life, see things as they are"

"Barr" I whispered. He walked off, leaving us practically frozen. "I know what he's saying is impossible, but maybe you should listen to some of his hunches, cause doesn't this look like someone you know?"

I hand him the phone and he pauses before looking back up at me, "What?"

"I started believing in the impossible when that man survived being struck by lightning," I said, walking off to follow Barry.

~

I didn't have super speed like Barry so I arrived a little late to the party, Wells was explaining what happened that night and Barry was still a little angry. "Those are all theoretical," Barry said.

"And how theoretical are you and your girlfriend?" Wells asked. "We mapped the dispersion throughout and around Central City, though we have no way of knowing exactly what or who was exposed. We've been searching for other humans like yourself and Detective Lance"