Seven

"Harold Jenkins?"

"Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?" Diego asked. They all watched Five gulp down the rest of his coffee and then throw the cup.

"I don't know... yet." Five said. "But I do know he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him. And we have to do it now."

"How is he connected to what happens?"

"I don't know."

"Wait, so we just have his name?" Diego said. "That's it."

"That's enough."

"There's probably dozens of Harold Jenkinses."

"Well, we just better start looking then." Five said.

"I'm sorry. Am I the only one that's skeptical here?" Allison said. "I mean; how exactly do you know all of this about what's his name?" Amanda noticed Five cringing and looking at his side.

"Are you hurt?" She asked, walking over to him. "Let me check." She went to his side and he slapped her hand away.

"We don't have time for that Amanda." Five snapped at her.

"Alright fine, I was just trying to help." She snapped back, putting her hands up in defense.

"Harold Jenkins. You know those lunatics in masks who attacked the house?"

"Oh and kidnapped Klaus and I? And then left me for dead? How can I forget?"

"Yeah, the ones that attacked us while you were getting drunk." Diego said.

"Yeah. Them. They were sent by the Temps Commission to stop me from coming back and preventing the end of the life on earth."

"Who?" Amanda asked, confused.

"My former employer. They monitor all of time and space to make sure whatever is supposed to happen...happens. They believe the apocalypse is coming in three days. So I went to Commission headquarters and intercepted a message that was meant for said lunatics. "Protect Harold Jenkins."" So he must be responsible for the apocalypse."

"What do you mean, protect time and space?" Allison asked.

"Where is this Hazel, Five?" Diego asked.

"My skin is on fire." Amanda heard Klaus say.

"Do you have any idea - how insane this sounds?" Allison asked.

"I mean; why would he go through all the trouble if this wasn't real?" Amanda asked.

"You know what else is insane? I look like a 13-year-old boy, Klaus can talk to the dead, Luther thinks he's fooling everybody with that overcoat. Everything about us is insane. It always has been."

"He's got a point there."

"We didn't choose this life; we're just living it. For the next three days, anyway."

"But the last time we tried to stop it, we all died. Why is this time any different? Why shouldn't I go home to my daughter?"

"Because this time, I'm here. We have the name of the man responsible. Guys, we actually have the chance of saving the lives of billions of people. Including Claire." Five said.

"You know her name?"

"I do, and I'd like to live long enough to meet her."

"Me too. I'm in. I'm in for saving the world." Amanda said.

"Alright. Let's get this bastard."

"You had me at Gerald Jenkins." Diego said.

"Harold Jenkins."