Forever Isn't Long Enough

~Dell's P.O.V~

3 years ago I lost her.

Miku.

We'd been best friends since we met. We'd done everything together. She was my best friend. I was her best friend. That was how we were. Until her brother, Mikuo, ruined everything. To this day, I hate him.

"Dell?"

"Yes Miku?"

We were 10. We'd been at her house because her family have a massive pool and it was the middle of summer.

"D-Dell...last night Dad told me we're leaving..."

"What?"

"W-We're leaving so Mikuo can go to college...there we no student residences he could find...so my parents found a house there...and...and...and we're leaving."

Tears glistened in Miku's eyes. I wanted to cry too. After everything we've done, why did he have to ruin it? What did she do to deserve this? Are they only thinking about Mikuo? I hugged her.

"Sssh..Miku...it'll be fine."

It never was. I didn't see her again. After she left I didn't know what to do with myself. I shut off to everyone - Haku was always trying to figure out what was wrong with me. She would always ask me if I was OK; I would always say I was. Haku would ask me if I was sure; I would say yes I'm sure, can you quit asking me. I lost all my friends within a year. I didn't care. It's not like they were my real friends anyway. I started coming top of all my classes - before I was always getting told off for not paying attention and talking with Miku. People always stared at me and whispered to their friends whenever I was near. Haku would glare them down if she was around - Haku's glare should be registered as a lethal weapon.

I don't even know where Miku moved to. She forgot to give me her new address, and I never really got in contact with her. Her phone number changed, and all of Haku's attempts to track down her new one were in vain.

I would never see her again. In my heart I realised I needed to get over her. Forget her.

But I can't.