My Heart Is Broken

~ Dell POV ~

As we walked away, I felt tears form in my eyes. Everything we'd done, shared, been through. And she couldn't even spare a moment to talk to me!

Maybe I'll never be worth that much to anyone. Maybe I overestimated our friendship. Had it been one of those awkward friendships where one person really doesn't want to be friends with the other but the other thinks everything's all good? My head hurt just thinking about it.

I felt Haku's arm slip around my shoulders.

"Dell. Don't beat yourself up over it. Miku's bound to be super busy today, and she's probably not focusing probably. I bet once you guys get back to school on Monday it'll all be just like before."

I looked up to meet Haku's bright red eyes and smiled weakly. I wanted to believe Haku, but my heart felt sore from the episode with Miku.

I never realized heartbreak was this painful.

-

~ Miku POV ~

"Hey, Miku. Who was that freak earlier?"

I looked up from my book to see Neru sit down on her bed and look over at me expectantly.

"I-I'm not quite sure..."

"Jeez, we've really had the freak show here today huh? It's like they were expecting us!"

Neru turned her attention back to her phone and began to continue her rapid texting. One great thing about Neru - she always answers her phone.

I looked back down at my book, but I couldn't focus on the words. The boy from earlier...his voice, his face...it all seemed familiar. But I couldn't remember ever meeting anyone like him before. He looked just like the older girl stood slightly behind him, so I assumed that was his sister - and she seemed familiar too. But...I had no recollection of their names. My head hurt as I considered all the ways I could have seen him before.
Singing competitons. Dance. School. Mall. Town. School? TV?!?!?!

I was hoping he went to the local high school - that way I'd see him again and maybe get a better idea of exactly who this mystery boy was.