I Don't Remember A Thing...

~ Miku's POV ~

"Neru! Hold still!" 

I was at my best friend Neru's house. It's our last week at our old house - where we moved because Mikuo got into a college in this area. Mikuo is in the same college as Neru's brother Nero - that's how we met. In a week's time, both our families are moving back to the city I used to live in...but I don't remember much.

When we first arrived in our new house, I was told to leave my parents to help the movers get all the furniture in, so Mikuo and I went out for a bit to get used to the new neighbourhood. We climbed trees in the nearby park, and it was a lot of fun. 

Until I fell.

I landed on my neck, and hit my head on the tree trunk. All I can remember is a fuzzy darkness and Mikuo yelling my name.

I woke up in the hospital, and they told me I was lucky to survive. However I'd possibly been slightly brain damaged, and when they tested me to see what I knew, it turns out I had very little recollection of my old life. My old high school. My old friends. My old home.

It was a year before I actually started school there. My neck healed, but they wouldn't let me into school until they were positive I was mentally stable. Eventually I passed their tests, and I was allowed to start school there.

Neru had been by best friend throughout my injury. Mikuo had known Nero when he started college there, and when I was introduced to Neru...let's just say our meeting wasn't exactly the smoothest. Eventually we made friends though, and ever since we've been inseperable! Neru's mom says we're like twins from different families - we're never apart!

I'm so happy Neru's family are moving with us - I could never leave her behind! Mikuo and Nero are coming back with us, but they've bought an apartment, and we've bought a big house on the edge of the city. I'm so excited to move back there - but I'm also sad to leave all my friends, Miki, Rana, Ritsu, SeeU...

"Oh I'm sorry little miss princess, I was only trying to get a drink! You don't want me to dehydrate, do you?"

Neru's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Of course I don't, but you'll have no hair left if you don't stop moving around!"

Neru had begged me to plait her hair for her - she was terrible at doing it on her own - but she could never sit still for more than 0.2 seconds. 

"OW! MIKU! STOP PULLING!" 

I sighed and tried to do it more gently. Neru was very demanding and expected everyone to fall to their knees in front of her - but she was my best friend and she could also be a really nice person when she wanted to be. She always stuck up for her friends and herself, and was always there when you needed someone. 

I was excited, nervous and slightly unhappy to go back but...

My biggest fear was of facing all my past friends.