Done

I didn't want to be with him anymore. I couldn't give him what he clearly desired most.

I knew if I was going to break it off, it must be done in person. I sent him a message the next morning to meet me in the greenery outside of the school. I picked off a leaf and rubbed it between my fingers, planning out in my head what I was going to say. The leaf was still damp from the light morning mist.

I stood there alone, staring at the little green plants.

"Tiffany. Before you say anything, I'm sorry." He appeared. My fingers pressed down hard on the tiny green leaf. I took a deep breath.

"Zack, I can't have you in my life anymore. I barley know who you've become. One minute your pushing me away and the next your pulling me too close. It's just not working anymore. We're not working."

"It'll never happen again, I promise."

"Your promises are empty. You also promised me you weren't cheating. You told me I was the only one for you.. Is that even true?"

"Tiff. I'm not cheating on you. I never have and I never will. You truly are the one for me." He reached out and caressed my hand. I immediately jerked away.

"Zack, it's over. We're over." I made myself clear.
I released the tiny green leaf as the delicate wind drug it away. I entered back in the school with a twisted feeling of uneasiness.
Did I expect him to run after me? Did I expect him to scoop me up in his arms and ride off into the sunset with him? A part of me wanted to run back to him, but it didn't take a lot of will power not to. I didn't look back.

Word traveled quickly. By first period, we were the daily dose of gossip my classmates fed on. I kept noticing small looks and whispers from my peers.

Emily and Abby found me almost immediately after first period. They were like bloodhounds tracking down a deer.

"Tiff! Tiff! Are you okay?" Emily cried.
"We heard about you and Zack!" Abby added. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine guys, thanks." I finally made it to my locker.

"We're your friends, you don't need to lie to us."
The register of their voices reached such a high annoyance level I was ready to slap them.
I was fine. Really.

Toby arrived and slipped his arm around Emily's waste. I exerted myself to tried not to throw up at the sight of them.

"So Tiffany, I hear your back on the market." Toby said. Emily brutally elbowed him in the stomach.

"You know too?"

"Yeah. Zack told Rodney and Rodney texted Ollie and Ollie group messaged me and a few other guys."

"A very advanced communication system you have there."

"Plus, Emms told me."

She painfully stuck her elbow in his stomach again.
"Sorry Tiffany. I just wanted to!-"

I cut her off. "It's okay. I don't really care."

"You don't?"

"No. Zack and I are done this time. For real. I'm not going back to him. Ever."

"For real?" Questioned Abby.

"For real."

The bell rang, they fanned out into different directions. My locker was still wide open. Pictures of Zack and I were taped all along the door of my locker. It was like a puncture to the heart.
I reached in for one picture at a time, ripping him out of the pictures one by one.

I entered my second period with a big grin on my face, despite the fact that I was tarty.