reunited

i woke up on the couch in james' living room. he was talking to someone in the kitchen that i didn't recognise at first. at second glance i realised who it was. ian. i stood up and stretched, announcing myself to the pair.

"oh, hey tegan." james forced a smile, before nudging ian. he turned around and lightly smirked. then i realised i was only in a swimsuit top and some cotton shorts.

"oh shove off." i chuckled before grabbing a sisters hoodie that was thrown over the side of the couch. i slipped it on over my head. 

"i'm gonna leave you two to talk. ian, tell her."

i was confused as to what he meant, and i knew that i was going to have to talk to him if i wanted to know what james meant. we sat down at the kitchen table and i pulled my knees to my chest.

"so? what did james mean?" i started, looking up at him.

"loren and i broke up."

"oh god, ian i'm so sorry. what happened?" i asked, sympathy in my voice.

"she didn't like the fact that i wanted to hang out with you and the twins and bethan and sara. she is definitely the jealous type." he chuckled and then looked me in the eye. "i mean she had reason to be jealous. i really liked you before her and i started dating."

"oh." it was all i could muster.

"yeah, so there it is. i'm sorry if this has ruined things between us."

"ian-"

"no, you know what? so what if it changes things between us? i don't care. i really like you, tegan. i don't know how you feel but i think it's important for you to know. i can't lie to you."

i smiled at him, sympathetically and got up, sitting down next to him. i opened my arms and pulled him into a hug. i twirled my fingers in his hair and felt him fall into my body.

"it's okay, it won't change anything, okay?" i felt him nod. then the twins walked in with james. we quickly pulled apart and i got up. i could see james was thrilled by what he witnessed and the twins just looked confused.