Chapter 10: Ignored

author's note: there might be false information in here, but know, this is for the storyline only. thank you.

4 Months Later: Coachella Weekend

Emma's POV

It had been months since the sister squad hung out, but I saw Ethan at least once a week.

     I felt like James was avoiding us. He hadn't texted in two months. He seemed so excited when Ethan and I got together. Maybe that changed?

     My head settled on the cold car window. I was sitting next to Ethan. I admired the clouds as they passed by. So light and fluffy yet so heavy and dark.

     Ethan took my hand. Grayson looked at us and rolled his eyes. I returned the eye roll and leaned on Ethan's shoulder.

I look my phone out and see if James said anything. Nothing. What's his problem?

I sigh and put my phone back in my pocket. Ethan saw my crappy mood and rubbed my back. Grayson replied with another sly eye roll.

"Ethan, are you worried about James?" I asked, concerned.

     "Um he's just busy. It's okay," he replied, stroking my hair.

     "Okay, but what if he's in trouble?"

     "He's not in trouble babe. He's fine."

     I pout. Ethan smiles. "You're too cute," he adds. I kiss his cheek and go back to sleep on his shoulder.

     The sound of gravel wakes me up. "We're here sleepy head," I heard Ethan say.

     I look out the window and start to open the door. "Not so fast, baby," Ethan says. He grabs the back of my shirt and pulls me into a kiss.

     "I love you," he says.

     "I love you most," I reply.

     "Not possible," he says as he gets out of the car. Barely anyone was here yet. We came early so people didn't see Ethan and I moving our stuff into the same vip house.

     Grayson stayed in the car staring at his phone when Ethan and I snuck around to the house.

I closed the door behind me and Ethan immediately wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"Hey," I said, laughing.

"Hi," Ethan responded cutely. All of a sudden, Ethan swung me over his shoulder.

"Put me down!" I yelled pounding my fists on his back. He laughed.

"Never," he yelled back, running around the house. Finally he sat down on the couch and let me down. He still held me though. Ethan's arms were under my knees and his other arm was swung over my shoulders.

And we just stayed there, looking into each other's eyes. Ethan has beautiful eyes. I laid my head on his shoulder. He kissed my forehead, got up, and moved through the whole house, continuing to carry me.

I ended up falling asleep (for the 3rd time).
With his strong arms wrapped around me I felt safe, protected.

I felt him kiss my forehead before I dozed off.

Grayson's POV

I feel so guilty.

Emma is so worried about James, and I can't even tell her that he's avoiding her and Ethan.

We texted all last night. I still don't know the reason. James says he needs "space"?

I walked into the house and saw Emma sleeping in Ethan's arms. I rolled my eyes again. But I gotta admit. They were meant for each other.

I set my stuff down onto the kitchen island. Damn. This house is nice.

"Gray," I heard Ethan try to whisper.

I walk into the living room and sit in the chair across from Ethan.

"What's up," I reply.

"Have you heard from James at all? Emma's really worried, which makes me worried," Ethan says.

I have to lie. Crap. "No, I haven't."

"Maybe he'll turn up." Ethan looks at Emma and strokes her hair. I scoff and roll my eyes.

"Don't be a dick man," Ethan laughs.

I laugh with him and sprint up the stairs to claim my room.

I got changed, and headed out when I heard the music start.

Ethan's POV

"Hey, Emma?" I said, tapping on her shoulder.

"Hmmm?" Emma said, flickering her eyes.

"It's starting."

She immediately sat up and ran up the stairs. I laughed. She came down the stairs, god, she was beautiful.

I took her hand and started out the door. Emma pulled back. "Ethan we can't hold hands right now. The fans will suspect."

I pouted and said "Fine," letting go of her hand and grabbing her face instead, kissing her.

We walked out of the door, Emma heard music and she bolted.

Emma's POV

We didn't get back until 2 am. We hung out with Bryant, and listened to awesome music. But at the end of the day, we were exhausted.

Ethan carried me home when everyone was mostly gone. It had started to rain, so Ethan had to run.

When we got home, Ethan carried me up the stairs and set me down on the bed. He took off his shirt and laid next to me.

I fell asleep as he took my hand.

I woke up to knocking at the door. 8:09 am. It woke Ethan up as well. "I got it," he said.

"I'll come," I said, walking with him.

We walked to the door hand in hand, Ethan reached for the door knob. "Ethan," I said looking at our interlocked hands. He pouted again and let go.

I reached for the door knob. Turned it. Opened the door.

James.

"Hey sister Emma."