17- Meeting Giorgia and Giovanni

The next few days were busy for Harlow, she had a job interview lined up, one she was looking forward to. She also made sure the house was clean, stocked full of food and that they were well stocked of his mother's favorite wine.

Harlow was making Antonio breakfast while he was getting ready for work, when his phone rang. She kept hearing the phone ring, stop, and ring again and quickly ran upstairs. "Antonio?" she called out as she entered the room.

She walked into the room and heard he was still in the shower, then noticed his phone was sitting on the bed and decided to answer it.

"Hello?" she asked politely, when she saw his moms name on the caller ID. For a moment there was no answer, so, she said hello again.

I need to speak to Antonio; this is his mother calling. She said, sounding rude and in broken English.

"He's in the shower right now, I'll have him call you back when he's finished."

Please, tell him his mothers on the phone. He will take my call.

She rolled her eyes and couldn't believe how rude she was being towards her, by the way she was talking to her, she thought maybe it was an emergency and felt she should interrupt him. "Ah, hold on, I'll let him know you're on the phone."

She set the phone on the bed, walked into the bathroom and peeked her head inside the shower. "Hey you, are you coming to join me?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

"No, your mother is on the phone and very persistent you come to the phone."

"Tell her I'll call her back when I'm finished showering."

"I already told her that and she was kind of being rude, insisting that I get you anyway."

Antonio sighed and shut the water off. "Your phone is on the bed," she said, handing him a towel.

Harlow left the room and went back into the kitchen to finish making his breakfast. The sound of her voice kept running through her head, wondering if how she was on the phone is how she was going to be when she comes to visit.

Antonio walked up behind her while she was putting his scrambled eggs onto his plate, his hands rested onto her hips and leaned his head to her side, kissing her cheek. "Is everything okay? The way she was speaking to me, I thought it was an emergency."

He continued kissing her cheek, moving his kisses down along her neck, then spun her around and pulled her in for a kiss. "Everything is fine, she was calling to ask if it would be okay if they flew in a couple days early."

Her face fell, then felt her stomach drop and furrowed her eyebrows. "A couple days early? That would mean that she wants to fly in today."

Antonio pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, "I know..."

"What did you tell her?"

"I couldn't say that they couldn't, especially since our pilot is out there already."

Harlow bit down on her bottom lip and shook her head up and down slowly. "You know I have an interview tomorrow."

"They'll be fine here by themselves."

She turned around and buttered his toast, placing it on his plate, then picked up his plate and turned around, handing it to him. "I'm sure this is cold now."

"I'll still eat it, thank you."

Antonio sat and ate quick, he had to meet with his client before court and was already running late. While he ate, he could see in Harlow's actions that she wasn't too thrilled about his parents coming earlier than planned. "I can call her back and tell them to just come as originally scheduled."