24- The Lone Star State

Antonio and Ethan followed John into the elevator and up to the top floor. The only way to get onto the top floor was with the use of a security access card, which had Antonio and Ethan both liking the idea.

They were then shown into the two rooms available. "I have a question," Antonio asked, amazed at what he was seeing. "You said these were recently updated, I'm curious as to what made them remodel the hotel while it was for sale?"

"Well, they had it on the market for quite some time and everyone who was interested in the hotel didn't want to spend the money updating. So, the owners decided to remodel. Then, they reason raised the price of the hotel, which turned to potential buyers away. By the looks of how surprised you two are, they never mentioned to you about the remodel."

Ethan shook his head. "No, they never mentioned any of it to me."

"We will take the two rooms," Antonio responded quickly.

"Perfect, if you'll come with me, I'll get everything set up. I'll also inform Dave and Diane that you're here."

They got checked into their rooms, inspected the rooms they were staying in, then went walking around, checking the place out. Feeling they've seen enough for now, they headed back to their rooms. Ethan sat on his bed thinking about the hotel and the discussions he had with the owners, with nothing adding up, he headed over to Antonio's room. A wicked grin formed on his face as he held his hand up to the door and started pounding on the door, pounding until Antonio opened the door and smiled like the Cheshire cat after seeing Antonio's expression.

"Damn it Ethan, did you seriously have to pound on the door like that? It sounded like you were the damn police."

"Why, has that ever happened to you?" Ethan smirked.

"No, but usually when someone knocks like that, it's usually something bad."

Ethan chuckled. "Sorry, couldn't help myself."

"What did you need, Ethan."

He pinched the bridge of his nose, thinking about the situation. "I came over to say, I find it odd Diane never mentioned a remodel, you would think being they were selling it would have come up in at least one of our conversations... almost makes me wonder if there was a fire or something."

"Could have been, I guess we'll find out tomorrow."

"We have nothing else going on tonight, maybe we should double check everything before making the final decision."

"I agree, let's go."

They walked around each floor, inspecting the floors, walls, outlets and lighting, then went down and checked out the dining room and bar. When they walked inside the dining room, it was dark with just the right amount of lighting, looked fancy and to their taste, then checked out the menus, curious to see what they offered. "Seems alright," Ethan said.

"I think so too... why don't we go get ourselves a cab and rent a car. It would be nice to see what Houston's like and get a feel of what's around the hotel."

"We should have done this from the start." Ethan chuckled.

"I know, I wasn't thinking."

Ethan drove while Antonio looked on his phone, searching local news about any fires that may have happened at the hotel recently. His body leaned to the side and looked up to see what Ethan was doing and saw him pulling into McTasty's drive thru. "What the hell are we doing here?"

"I'm hungry..."

"McTasty's? You realize how terrible that shit is for you, right?"

"Fine, I'll just order for me then, I don't have a problem eating it," he laughed. "Just keep on doing what you're doing and don't be worrying about what I'm doing."