23- Exciting offer for Ethan

Antonio and Harlow arrived home, both were beat from the vacation and decided to nap before unpacking. Antonio slept for a few hours and when he woke up, he couldn't help but wonder how things were going with his business and got out of bed to call Ethan, leaving Harlow catch up on her sleep.

After hanging up with Ethan, he took a shower, then left Harlow a note, letting her know he ran to the office and placed it on the nightstand. He kissed her forehead then softly trailed his lips to hers, gently kissing them before leaving.

Ethan showed Antonio paperwork of a new hotel he bought while Antonio was away on his honeymoon, located in Texas. Letting him know the owners wanted to meet with Antonio before they were to take it over. "How the heck did you find this?" Antonio asked surprised.

"I was looking nationwide for properties that were for sale, saw it had been on the market for quite a while and inquired about it. They were asking way too much for it and after several phone calls, they finally accepted my offer."

"If it's been on the market for a while, what's wrong with it?" Antonio asked, grabbing the paperwork and looking at it.

Ethan dug through his stack of paperwork located at the corner of his desk and pulled out a file with pictures inside, handing it over to Antonio. "Here, everything looks fine to me. It could use a little updating in the rooms, but they claimed there were no known issues. My guess is, they had it overpriced for a reason, trying to get the right offer."

"Hmm..."

"They would like to meet with us this week, will that work for you?" Ethan asked, setting his elbow on the desk and resting his chin in the palm of his hand.

"It's going to have to. I can see if Harlow would like to come along, but I believe she starts her new job tomorrow."

Ethan gave Antonio a shit eating grin. "Would that mean we'd be on our own in Texas?"

Antonio lifted his head and smirked. "Don't even think we're going there to party; we'll be there on business."

Ethan chuckled. "Did I say anything about partying?"

"No, but I'm no dummy. I know exactly what you're thinking... I don't have to be at my other job until next week. Why don't you call and let them know we'll be there in a couple days."

Ethan laughed and picked up the phone, called the owners of the hotel to let them know when they'll be there, then showed Antonio some more properties that were for sale, wondering if he would be interested in any of them. He shook his head. "None of these, I need something to make money on, something more along the lines of something that would be a quick and easy flip."

On the way home, Antonio stopped at the flower shop, he wasn't sure how upset she would be that he had to leave for a few days and figured if he got her flowers, she wouldn't be so mad and maybe put a smile on her face.

Harlow was unpacking when she heard Antonio walk into the house and walked out of the room. She stood at the top of the stairs watching him try and take off his shoes, while holding flowers in his hand. She smiled and started walking down to him. "Flowers?"

He stood back up and smiled, giving her a kiss as she met him at the bottom of the steps, then held up the flowers. "Thought you might like them."

"Thank you, you didn't have to buy me any flowers," she said, taking the flowers from his hand. She walked into the kitchen and set the flowers down while she looked for a vase.

"I had to buy you flowers," he sighed as he walked into the kitchen.

"How come?" she asked, giving him a strange look while filling the vase with water.