32- Questions

Harlow had a doctor's appointment and Antonio was feeling guilty he couldn't get out of court. He wanted to be with and to be with her to hear what they were having. He was arguing his case in front of the judge and all he could think about was her, and it didn't go unnoticed.

After court, the judge asked Antonio to meet him in his chambers. He followed the judge back into his room and sat down. "I noticed you were not yourself today, is everything alright?" the judge asked as he removed his robe.

"Yes. Everything is fine."

The judge sat in his chair and folded his hands as he looked at Antonio. "How is Harlow?"

"She's doing okay. Why do you ask?"

"I heard what's been going on and I'm sorry to hear what you two have been going through. The reason why I ask is, I couldn't help but notice you were in outer space during court."

"First off, thank you. Secondly, this morning was Harlow's doctor's appointment, to see what we're having and I'm a little worried with how the appointment went. She's been feeling quite tired and I'm not sure if it's the pregnancy, or if it's something else."

"I hope all is well," the judge smiled. "I know it's probably wrong of me to ask, but will you two be attending the party this evening?"

"Thank you. As far as I know we'll be there."

"Great. I'll be looking forward to seeing you both there. It's been a while since I've seen Harlow and it would be nice to see her again."

Antonio stood and reached across the desk, shaking his hand. He left his office quickly and while walking to his car, he looked at his phone. Not seeing any messages, or any missed calls, he muttered, no news, is good news, right?

The moment he walked into the house; he was happily greeted by the girls. "Hello, my beautiful girls, where's mommy?" he asked giving them both hugs.

Harlow walked out of the kitchen and over to Antonio. He could hear Harlow walking towards him and stood, nervously smiling. "So?"

"It's a boy."

Antonio's heart melted hearing they were having a boy and grinned, glad to be hearing he'll be passing on the last name. "How is the baby doing?"

She pursed her lips and shrugged her shoulders. "Well, he's still here. But the doctor is a little concerned with his heartbeat."

Antonio suddenly felt his heart drop and looked down at the girls who were tugging on his legs, wanting him to pick them up. He bent down, picked the two up and brought them over to the couch to sit. He wasn't sure what to say and tightly hugged the girls. "So, what does that exactly mean?"

"I have to go in next week for another test." She sat down next to Antonio, lowered her face into her hands and started fighting the tears that were wanting to come out. "I'm scared, Antonio, it didn't sound good."

He reached his arm around her and pulled her to him. Holding her tight, as the girls sat on his lap. "I'm sorry Hun, I don't know what to say, anymore," he sighed. "Maybe we shouldn't go to Judge Stevens party."

"We can go. There's nothing I can do to change what is going on."

"Are you sure? We don't have to go."

"I want to go. And I want to be there when he presents the award to you."

The girls climbed off his lap and ran off. He rested his hand on Harlow's lap, rubbing it. He knew what she was telling him wasn't good and knew this would be, the one to break her if she lost the baby.