Chapter 5

''SETH LENIOR IS NOT HUMAN, HE IS A DEMON! EVERYONE, BELIEVE ME! HE IS A DEMON! HE IS THE SON OF LUCIFER HIMSELF!''

Everyone broke into laughter, looking over to his tear-stained face. Jaxon was looking over to me in fear, his hazel eyes wide.

''My boy, it looks like you need some sleep...'' One of our servants said, placing a hand on Jules shoulder. He quickly shoved it off, his face full of determination.

''I CAN PROVE IT!'' He exclaimed, more tears running down his cheeks. ''You could simply tell by his appearance, there is not ONE BLEMISH. But don't get me started on those eyes of his... they are the eyes of the DEVIL!'' He screamed in my direction. Everyone glanced over to me, the smirks resting on their lips fading away.

''Someone here showed me visions of everything. I saw EVERYTHING! I saw him being born, I saw OUR QUEEN BRINGING HIM TO SOME DISGUSTING WARLOCK TO HIDE WHAT HE REALLY IS!'' He screamed, making my heart stop.

Valentin soon walked up behind him, his arms resting behind his back. He had a twisted smirk on his face, glancing proudly at the crowd.

''WARLOCKS, DEMONS, OR ANYTHING BY THOSE LINES AREN'T ALLOWED IN OUR TERRITORY! YOU'RE A LIAR!'' A man screamed from the crowd, throwing his fist up in the air. Everyone broke into a fit of arguing, the sound of women and men screaming filled the room.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my mother running up to me. She had a terrified expression on her face as she grabbed onto my shoulder, her blue eyes filled with tears.

''Mom... what's going on?'' I asked her. She couldn't speak, all she could do is apologize to me repeatedly...

''YOU THERE!'' Jules screamed, pointing at the man who started the fight. He snapped his head up, his teeth grinding.

The ballroom grew quiet once more as Jules turned to Valentin, whispering in his ear. Valentin nodded his head, motioning for the man to come up the large flight of stairs. At first, he hesitated, but he eventually broke away from the crowd of men and maidens.

He finally made his way the stairs, standing in front of Valentin. He placed his hand onto the man's forehead, his eyes twisting with fear.

Jaxon then ran over to my mother and I, his hazel eyes wide. He grabbed onto my shoulder, and my mother noticed him. I figured he took the spell off of himself.

''Seth, we need to go.'' Jaxon said to me, my mother looking at him in anger.

''Who are you, warlock?'' She snapped, grinding her teeth. He flashed her a smirk, making my mother grow angrier.

''Jaxon Di Angelo, a friend of Jayce Darkmore. I've heard so many stories of you, my Queen. I'd love to stay and chat, but because of YOUR mistakes your son is about to be RIPPED TO SHREDS!'' He screamed at her, making everyone look in our direction. Her eyes watered once more, looking down at the ground. What is he talking about?...

There was a loud scream from the top of the staircase, everyone's attention falling on the man. Valentin smirked at him, taking his hand from the man's forehead. The man turned towards the crowd, his eyes full of tears.

''THE BOY IS RIGHT! HE IS THE SON OF LUCIFER, THE MOST POWERFUL PRINCE OF HELL!'' He screamed, sending everyone into a fit of rage. I looked down at my mother, and I couldn't help but be angry with her. Everything was falling into place... She lied to me. This is why she didn't want to tell me who my father was.

''Seth, I'm so sorry...'' She sobbed. I pulled away from her grasp, starling her. Jaxon placed a hand on my shoulder, squeezing tightly.

''Seth, don't grow angry...''