Thirteen:

Noah

"Have you been crying?" I ask without thinking. Not the best idea Noah. It's blatantly obvious that she has been. She sniffs.

"No, of course not." She lies, and very well. If it wasn't for her red puffy eyes I wouldn't have noticed.

"Oh. Your eyes are just super red." I point out, pretending to believe her lie. I wish she would just be honest. I could have helped.

"It's been a long day." She shakes her head, and I can see tears form. I look away quickly, pretending to be immersed in the bag of take away food I bought.

"I bought some food. It's Chinese. I hope you like Chinese." I comment and she nods eagerly. We walk over to the small couches placed off I the corner of her room. The room is so different to the penthouse, where I usually stay,
it's so cramped and tiny. Oh the joys of not being rich. I'm not saying that sarcastically. I cannot remember the last time that I set foot into a normal hotel room. I can't remember what it feels like to be normal. In a way, I like it. I like the way she is so normal. I like normal. It's so different from my ordinary.

"Do you want to come up to the penthouse? It's a bit..." I pause, looking around. She rolls her eyes and nods. She follows me to the top storey of the hotel, and looks almost taken back by the luxury of the penthouse. There is a balcony looking over the city, and it is separated into two rooms. The first, bring a fancy lounge suite with a big television hooked onto the wall, and the second leads to a bedroom, with a king sized bed in the centre, and two doors off to each side of it. The one leading town ensuite bathroom, which has a large bathtub and walk in shower, and then other leading into a huge walk in closet. My stuff was unpacked by the hotel stuff as I arrived and so everything is neatly put away so that I can find it very easily.

"Nice." She smiles. "What it must be to live in luxury!" She shakes her head, grinning like a Cheshire Cat. She turns around seeing the luxury radiating off of the walls. "It's like I can smell money." She comments, scrunching up her nose

"You'll be there soon, as well." I comment. Her face falls. Too soon. "Sorry." I respond though my teeth. She shrugs.

"It's too late now." She shakes her head sadly. I open the paper bag and hand her her food, as I take my own. I hand he chopsticks and we walk over to the huge couch. We dig into the food and she flicks through the television channels, and to my dismay, she finds my movie showing: Dancing in Fire. "We have to watch this! I need to laugh at you!" She mocks and we watch the movie. By the end of the torture, she turns to me once again. "What does it feel like to watch your own movie? I mean, that's you," She starts, pointing to the tv screen, "but it is also not... you." She continues, pointing to me. I crunch my eyebrows. What does it feel like?

"It's strange. I mean, I become aware of every action, how I pronounce my words and I cringe at myself sometimes. It's strange, because I can clearly see the character, but I can see elements of myself in the character as well. I also remember filming some of the scenes, and I remember some of the scenes which I absolutely adore and those which I hate as well. I become very judgemental at myself for every little thing, but I guess that, in a way, is a good thing. I can thus improve myself and my acting by doing so. It's just so weird though." I laugh and she nods, studying my intently.

"I guess I'll find out soon enough." She shrugs and switches off the tv screen. "I'm going to the Statue of Liberty this afternoon. Do you want to join me?" She asks, smiling. I nod. Hopefully it will get her mind off things.

~~~~~~~~~
Aimee

"I'll be on the next flight, sir." I say into the phone late that night. Noah and I went up the Statue of Liberty, and we walked up all those many stairs. We enjoyed the view, got into an intense argument which ended in a lot of anger and frustration, as well as a lot of yelling, and then we stormed off to our separate hotel rooms again. He brought up his victory again, with the fact that I had no choice but to act in the movie, and I snapped. Which led to an intense argument, where we both ordered separate cabs to the same hotel, and I waited for a different elevator so I would not have to ride the same one he did.