Chapter 1

•"You're my home"•

Mackenzie

It was Monday. The most dreaded day of the week and unfortunately, the most boring. I had just arrived at McKinley Academy in my cherry red Porsche. I spotted my two best friends, Brynn and Annie.

They were both intimately beautiful. Brynn had the longest, silkiest, blonde hair and the brightest eyes that were always filled with joy. She was the nicest out of all of us and perhaps the most innocent.
Annie was equally beautiful in a different way. Her hazel eyes always held a mischievous glance and she had the softest hair that was perfectly curled at her chest.
I approached them and we started walking to our first class. "Did you guys see what Johnny did over the weekend?" Brynn asked, obviously wanting to tell us.

"No, why would I care what that pig is doing." I retorted.

Who is Johnny? Well, he's the most popular guy in our school and also the biggest jerk. I've hated him since sixth grade and he's always hated me. It wasn't because of some messed up shit where I liked him and he rejected me. No, it was because of what he did to my family, and I'll never forgive what happened.

"Apparently he was in Paris with some girl he met in Italy. The press caught them making out at a club."

"Ugh, when is that manwhore going to learn."

I open my locker and and place my books inside. Annie hadn't talked the entire time and I was getting worried. She was biting her nail and she only did that when she was scared or nervous.

"What's wrong?" I asked. Her eyes shot up to mine and I saw the dark and puffy circles under her eyes. She had been crying.

"Hayden b-broke up with me," she whispers, her voice rough and hard to hear.

Hayden was Annie's boyfriend for two years. We used to spend evenings talking about how much she loved him. They were the perfect couple. Except Hayden was best friends with Johnny, which made it difficult for me to avoid the ugliest person in the world; A.K.A. Johnny.

"Forget about him. Let's go out to Marks party tonight, maybe find someone to keep your mind off him."

She nods and I can see the slightest smile appear on her face. "Let's go to class." Brynn says and we start heading to Math.

When I turned around, I ran into a stiff chest. As I looked up, I already knew who it was. Johnny Orlando. My most hated enemy. My ultimate rival.

"Move," I say not wanting to be in his presence any longer.

"Don't be so rude, Kenzie. I'm just here to ask a question." He says. His green eyes were sparkling and his brown hair was styled almost perfectly. Almost.

"Don't call me Kenzie. What do you want?"

"Are you going to Marks party?"

"Yes and I hope to not see you there."

"Harsh, but I guess you will see me there. Maybe we can play a quick and easy competition?"

"Oh yeah, what do you have in mind," My eyebrows raise as I look at him curiously. This should be fun, seeing him lose.

"Whoever can kiss the most people by the end of the party wins."

"Fine, but if I win I get to drive your car for the rest of the week." I smirk evilly. My dark side was getting the best of me.

"If I win then I get a date."

"Yeah sure, I can set you up with one of my friends."

"No, I mean a date with you."

I look at him and know that it's a bad idea. But the words that came out of my mouth were;

"Deal."