[2] "Oh sugar nuggets.."

I've been in toxic relationships before, where the guy would lie or cheat. But when the toxic person is yourself, what can you do? Dump yourself?

Theres no escape. Now I know comparing a toxic person/relationship to my freaky deaky power to light candles on fire isn't the right.. you know. But what else am I supposed to compare it too?

"sweetheart? are you up for school?" Mona asked through the door, I groan and opened the door "oh goodie, I made your favorite. Waffles, bacon, sausage, and homemade syrup."

"Mona I'm not five anymore." I said shoving past her, I grabbed some cereal from over the fridge and poured myself some milk.

Mona comes downstairs to see me eating cereal while the entire table is set and ready for a breakfast feast. "I made breakfast.."

"So?" I put my unfinished bowl in the sink and left the house in a hurry, I loathe Jared and her.

I see Bonnie and Elena sitting in the car waiting outside my house, I grin and hop into the car. They barely notice and continue their conversation, but i totally tune them out as i think about our first day of junior year.

I have a strong feeling that this year is going to be a long one..

"Paris.." a familiar voice from far away whispers "Paris?!"

"huh?"

"Finally you zoned out the moment you entered the car and that was like 15 minutes ago, and we've been trying to get your attention for that last 2." Elena said, I furrow my eyebrows.

"Seriously? I feel like I got some bad juju in my veins this week. Last night when i was.." we parked and quickly got out of the car to continue the conversation. "taking a bath my lighter wouldn't light and-"

"Are you smoking again? Because if you are i swear to god Reed.."

"Elena calm down I'm not smoking again" I mimic an old, frail grandmother voice "I quit the Mary-Jane last year."

She rolled her eyes and they landed on Matt Donovan.. He and Elena make eye contact, I can feel the awkward tension from here. I am upset that Elena broke my boy Matt's golden heart, because we all know that he didn't deserve it but Elena needed it.

"I'll be back?" I said as I made my way towards him, and they murmured their ok's and see ya's. I walk up to Matt "Yeah, just keep staring like you're desperate for her attention."

"Well hello to you too Paris, my summer was great. Thanks for asking." I rolled my eyes, he's such a baby.

"Aw is someone hurt i didn't ask if they had fun at football camp? Well I hope you did. Happy?"

I felt someone put both hands on my shoulders "Well someone isn't in their naturally friendly mood, is someone meeting their good ole friend Tom?"

That prick, I punched him in the arm "Yeah Ty and I can feel my good friend Kev."

i brought my right fist up to show him my friend "Wants to get to know you.."

"I'm confused, are you dating someone and didn't tell me but you told Tyler? I dont know whether i should feel offended or proud.."

"why proud?" I said confused.

"Proud because you would find a guy at this school who doesn't know how much a bitch you are." I think Matt and Kev should get to know each other.

"Do you seriously not get it?"Tyler asked, Matt shrugged. Tyler leaned in to whisper what he meant by Tom.

"Damn Ty that's rude to say to a girl, maybe you should meet Kev. I've heard he's a great guy and really know's how to hit it off." I grinned, maybe Matt doesn't need to meet Kev yet.

I rolled my eyes at the two and left them to continue their little football toss or whatever and ran into a certain Gilbert. "Hey Jer."

His eyes practically burst out of his eyes sockets "Shit.."

I giggle at him, he has got to be high off the empire state building. "You good? do you need to like go into the bathroom to chill?"

He only laughs and i drag him into the boys bathroom, i push him to the sick, I grabbed his face "Listen, if Elena see's you like this, especially with me, she'll not only kill you but me too.. Sober up Jeremy! I'd like to see another day!"

Suddenly Elena enters the bathroom to see me holding his face "What's going on?"

"Oh sugar nuggets! You've caught us, we've been hiding our little randevu all summer.. Oh Elena! Ive-"

"Paris. Shut up."

I nod my head vigorously and ran out of the bathroom, Elena scares me sometimes. Especially when it comes to her younger brother, so I won't be around when she gets mad.

I see Jeremy walk out of the bathroom with an angry face, so I run after him "Whats got my hubby upset?"

"Your hubby's attentive sister is what. She's always getting up in my business, its annoying!" I nod my head, I'm glad that Mona or Jared never got all up in my business when I was smoking and all that..

"Well, she's just concerned I guess. Trust me, I've been on the other end. Same situation as you except I was on the more.."

"Harder drugs?" I nod my head "Don't worry, I'm not gunna go around and ask for some meth."

"You better not or else Elena will literally slit my throat." I said with a serious expression, he only laughs "I'm not kidding.."

He nods his head and walks away, I see Vicki Donovan walking past me and she smirks. She walks in to the girls bathroom and I follow her. "You've got that up-to-no-good grin and I'm curious. What do you got going up your sleeve?"

"Oh nothing you seem to interested in anymore.." She said waving a bag of pills in my face. I can feel my pulse rise at the sight of my old and uprising addiction.

"Vicki! You know I don't do that fucking shit anymore. Waving it in my face doesn't help the cravings."

"You asked, I answered. Are you sure you don't want a taste? Its the good stuff.." I rub my face and shove her away, running out of the bathroom.

You don't need drugs to function. You don't need to ruin your life again! Do it for Jeremy so he doesn't follow you down the road of addiction.

"Hey Paris.. You okay?" Bonnie asked holding my hand, i shook my head. She pulled me into an empty classroom "What happened?"

"Vicki fucking Donovan."

______________________

I hope everyone enjoyed chapter dos of this book, I'm actually having a blast (chapter reference) writing this book.
Kinda almost forgot to post😂
-O

word count: 1136

chapter completed: 4/22/19