Growing Pains (S2)

'The time of the green ninja has grown nearer.'

Uncle Wu's voice echoed in Lloyd's head. He rolled over pulling his pillow over his ears. It did nothing to quiet Wu's words. Only three days had passed since the fight at Doomsday Comics. Three days since fate forced his hand. Three days since he lost six-ish years.

Lloyd stood up dizzily, random areas of his gi wet from tomorrow's tea. The ground swayed far below him. Blinking hard he frantically looked toward the grundle. What had been a vicious monster seconds before now lay as an inert skeleton. Relieved he turned to see the rest of the ninja staring at him...

The transformation hadn't really hurt. At least not physically. Yet everything was different now.

He ducked through the rubble that was Doomsday Comics and made to jog after the ninja. Two steps in he tripped over his feet, falling to the ground.

"Lloyd!" Nya was at his side in an instant.

Lloyd waved her off. Gritting his teeth he shoved himself back to his feet. "It's nothing. I'm fine. Let's just get back to the Bounty."

He caught the looks the other ninja gave him, but he ignored them. They set out again, but at a markedly slower pace. Lloyd chose to pretend he didn't notice.

And that was only the start.

Lloyd held up his pajama pants. What had fit just that morning now barely came to mid calf. 'There's no way that's happening.' He frowned as he glanced at the rest of the clothes in his dresser. All too short.

"Here, you can borrow some of mine." Kai tossed an extra set in Lloyd's direction.

Lloyd reached to grab them, but his arm hit them earlier than he anticipated sending them flying toward Cole's head. Cole stepped quickly to the side and plucked the clothes out of the air. Without a word he handed them to Lloyd.

"Thanks." Lloyd muttered before heading to the bathroom to change. Behind him he could hear the whispers start up but he tried to block them out.

The ninja were still shooting him looks when they thought he wasn't looking. Unfortunately it wasn't like they didn't have a reason to.

A loud crash came from the bathroom. Footsteps thundered as six people ran to the sound of the noise. Cole, in the lead, banged on the door.

"Lloyd are you okay?"

A few seconds of quiet passed and the ninja exchanged uneasy looks.

"Lloy-" Cole started again but was cut off as the door abruptly swung open.

A large bruise was forming on Lloyd's forehead but he glared at those gathered. "I. Am. Fine. You didn't all need to run over here."

In hindsight though that was small fries compared to his attempt to train the day before.

Lloyd bounced on his toes, trying to warm up his muscles. An extra gi of Kai's flapped uncomfortably against his shoulders, but the one he'd been transformed in was getting a much needed wash. Nya promised to go shopping with him yesterday for a new wardrobe but the Bounty had a bad habit of malfunctioning at the most inconvenient times. There was no way Lloyd was going by himself so that left him with not-quite-fitting borrowed clothes. Shaking away his thoughts Lloyd looked up as Jay got into position in front of him.

Unlike the other guys Lloyd hadn't had a body that size before and his brain had no idea what to do with it.

Jay aimed a punch at Lloyd's chest. In his attempt to side step the blow Lloyd tripped over his feet and launched himself at Jay's oncoming fist. Lloyd saw Jay's eyes widen in alarm but he didn't have time to draw back. Two seconds later Lloyd landed with a thud on the mat, breath stolen from his lungs. Voices and blurry faces swarmed above him.