Chapter 2

"Hey Sal"
She turned to see Jackie, her childhood best friend. She'd known Jackie since they were in diapers in preschool because their moms were both busy career women. In fact, it was their friendship that made their moms friends.

"Heya Jay," she said and pulled her into a hug.

"It really sucks to take time out of my holiday to be here" Sal complained since joining the council was Jackie's idea.

"You're late and you still got the mouth to complain?" Jackie joked rolling her eyes for effect.

"Well yeah! It's the holidays!" Sal whined.

"You're getting whiney. You probably haven't had anything to eat. Come on" Jackie said dragging Sal to the buffet tables.

As they were piling up their plates a voice said, "Hey Jackie" They turned and Sally came face to face with the guy from the podium

They turned and Sally came face to face with the guy from the podium. Her heart immediately skipped a beat. She's seen finer men but she had no idea why she reacted like that to him.
"Man, he's too close. I can barely concentrate on what he's saying" she thought.

"Earth to Sal," Jackie said moving her hands over her face.

"What?" Sal snapped

"What?" Sal snapped.

"Girl, get out of dreamland. He's talking to you" she said pointing to the guy.

"Hey, I'm sorry. You were saying" Sal apologised to the handsome stranger.

"Hi, I'm Michael Porter, what's your name?" He said introducing himself.

"I'm Sally Turner."

"If we're done with the chit-chat can we go eat now?" Jackie interrupted rudely.

"Yeah sure. Go ahead. Talk to you ladies later" then he turned and walked away.

"You didn't have to be so rude, Jay" Sally reprimanded.

"Whatever thoughts you have about him. Put an end to it ASAP. He's really bad news" Jackie warned.

"I have no thoughts" Sal retorted defensively.

"Alright" Jackie shrugged.

P. S: Hey guys😊 Thanks for reading😊.