Chapter 6

"Jay, wait up. I can explain just give me a chance." Sally pleaded as she chased after her best friend and sister.

"I did give you a chance, Sal, and you lied to me" she shouted angrily as she stopped beside Todd's car.

Sally got to them just as Todd was about to unlock it.

"Todd, please give us a moment," Sal asked.

He looked at Jackie for a moment and then walked away.

"Jay, I wanted to tell you but you made it so clear you hated him and I didn't even know why" she explained.

"You could've trusted me, Sal, all these years together have I ever led you astray?" Jackie responded.

"No, you haven't. But-"

"But nothing," Jackie interrupted, "I am your best friend and sister from another mom. I have always had your back"

"I know but Jay, I'm not some child you can tell not to do something without a proper explanation," Sal said with a lowered voice.

"I know, babe, but that guy is really a piece of work" Jay scoffed.

"Why? Please tell me why because I am beginning to like him a lot" Sal begged.

"He's a serial cheater and abuser," Jay said looking down.

"What? He beats women?" Sal asked with disbelief.

"Yes, If you pay attention to the gossip being thrown around in the student council, you'd hear" Jackie stated.

"Gossip? How do you know it's even true?" Sal angrily asked.

"Because I have spoken to one of his exes and she confirmed it. That's why I said he was bad news. Now please stay away from him" Jackie pleaded.

"This is too much to take in. I need to think" Sal responded backing away from Jackie.

"Sal, Sal" Jackie shouted after her but she'd gotten into a taxi and driven off.

Jackie stood at the lot praying her friend heeds her warning and stays away from that psychotic man. Todd came and wrapped his arms around her.

"I just don't want her to get hurt," she said burying her head into his chest.

"Just let her be. Whatever happens, we'll be here for her" Todd said placing a gentle kiss on her head.

"You know it" Jackie sighed.

P. S: Thanks for reading! 😊