stydia au

I usually spent lunch immersed in my books but I couldn't help it. My eyes peered over my book at their group of friends, sitting in the corner of the cafeteria by the window. Sometimes they roared with laughter, looking carefree. Often their heads were lowered in discussion, faces tense. Liam, a freshman would sometimes walk up to their table to exchange a few words while his best friend Mason lingered a few feet away, waiting for the discussion to finish.

I remember when Allison sat there. I'd sit outside on the bench, browsing through whatever book I'd picked up that day. I'd walk into the school and she'd always wave. She'd be beaming, looking at Scott- the boy who once had floppy brown hair, with such love and complete adoration. She was admired by everyone. Allison was one of the greatest sources of sunshine in my life. She captured the attention of everyone the moment she stepped into a room, her chestnut colored hair bouncing on her shoulders as her lips were curled up, hiding a secret, similar to Mona Lisa.

Allison Argent was my best friend. Fifty years from now, in my heart of hearts, she would still be my best friend. We shared a lot of our fears, our desperate thoughts and empty beliefs. But there was always a cloud of mystery that covered a part of her life. I was never one to pry but I'd always figured that it began with Scott and Scott's best friend- Stiles. Allison and I immediately latched on to each other after she moved here in sophomore year. The tenth grade was when I peaked, I was dating the lacrosse captain and there was no doubt I was the most popular girl. Obviously at that period of my life, I had to befriend Allison- she was cute. The prettiest girl at Beacon Hills needed a cute sidekick. But then everything fell apart. I couldn't blame Allison of course.

My then boyfriend, Jackson Whittemore broke up with me, with no explanation. For the most part I dated him for display but I had cared about him. And then to maintain my pride, I attended the formal, alone. I expected a night filled with flirting and perhaps, getting lucky. However, next thing I know I'm found in the forest alone and the only person I'm having any interaction with are my teachers, my mother and the beautiful Allison Argent. Since formal I'd been ailed with nightmares and visions. And this constant urge to just scream.

But, I lived through it. Allison was always by my side. Granted, she always split her time between me and Scott. Sometimes she'd end up cancelling our plans just by informing me with "Scott, in trouble. I have to help." I never questioned it because the tone of urgency and complete terror was clear. Scott McCall was a great guy but it was almost as if every time him and Allison were involved there was something awful about to happen. His friend Stiles was goofy but I didn't know him that well. But where ever Scott or Stiles were the other one was always there as well. Allison would always seem to be tagging along with the two of them. Even after Allison broke up, she was upset and from the few times I really saw them speak to each other there was an air of awkwardness but she spent every second when not with me, with him or her sort-of boyfriend Isaac, one of Scott's closest friends. They would always love each other. She continuously fretted about him, never choosing to clarify whatever for.

Sometime before Allison broke up with Scott, I began to notice Stiles. We'd only spoken a handful of times. Mostly he would notify me that Scott wanted to meet Allison or I'd ask him for a pen in class. But suddenly, one day in school I ended up looking at him. He was admittedly, goofy but obviously very loving when with his best friend and he even eyed Allison with so much care. I'd walk into school and immediately my eyes would dart around the hallways until they landed on Stiles Stilinski. I'd smile when he laughed. I laughed when he was silly. I couldn't help it. It was an unhealthy, childish fantasy and obsession.

Then my life just came crashing down, rock-bottom. Stiles disappeared for a while. There were murmurs around the school of Eichen House, the asylum. Allison died. She was murdered. And I have no idea how, or why. All I was aware of was that Scott, Stiles, Kira and Kira's mom were all present. Chris Argent called me, his voice steady but I could hear that he'd been crying, "Allison is dead." I pressed for details, just this once but all he could explain was that Scott and his friends were there. Her father was in on the reality of the situation. I remained in the shadows.