maintain the lie (2)

I went out of the car and went inside the school. The boys aren't around which is good, since I don't want to talk to anyone right now. "Y/n! Wait up" a familiar female voice called. I turned around and saw Yonna. "Yonna!" I called back and run to her and hugged her. I could feel she got surprised but she didn't mind and hugged me back. "What's the matter?" She asked in a concern tone "Uh,  N-nothing, just my problem" I replied. She nodded and both of us went to the rooftop and talked about random stuff. "So, how's the sleepover?" She asked "It was good, I accidentally punched beomgyu though" I replied "mwo?!, you did?!" I nodded in embarrassment. "You can punch, for a girl" she chuckled. "Hey!!! I'm not  like other girls, I want to protect myself!" I pouted.

"Anyway, did Kazuki told you anything?" I asked

Yoona's

"Anyway, did Kazuki told you anything?" She asked. I'm guessing this is about the time when we were suppose to meet in the cafeteria and he walked out for some reason. "Wh-what do you mean?" I asked back "when he walked out after getting angry-- you know what I mean!" She told me

"Kazuki! Wait!" I yelled, and stop and catch my breath "Leave me for now!" He answered in a pissed tone. We were at the rooftop that time and he was sitting on a bench. I walked towards him and sat beside him. "Why did he came back?" He suddenly opened up "What do you mean?" I asked wanting for answer
"Hueningkaihe's. .. he's back" What about that? Have they met? Before?
"I know you're confused but please don't tell anything about this to y/n, please, I don't want to hurt her" I nodded and he sighed.
"Back then, when we were still mere children, we were close friends, actually, childhood friends, nothing could separate the three of us, but that's what we thought. when I was 14 and Hueningkai and y/n were 13, that's the time I liked her... but she liked Hueningkai, so when they were together, I tried my best to remove my feelings for her... but I can'tI just loved her and I don't want her to get hurt. So.. *sighs* i pretended not to get hurt and supported them, until... when they were 14 and I'm 15.... we caught him, red-handed, flirting and kissing a freaking girl from our school!"

He told me while trying to hold back his tears.

"I can't forget how hurt she was. Kai pushed the girl and shock expression were shown to his face. Then the girl intertwined her fingers to Hueningkai and so did Hueningkai. And that girl was... Kristina. Y/n ran away. I was going to follow her but before I could.. I pulled Hueningkai's shirt and punched him then followed y/n.. I went out of the school and saw her went inside her car. I tried to stop her but it was no use.." He then paused and tears were falling down his cheeks.

"What happend?" I asked

"I followed her, I even stole a bike just to catch up to her, but... the next one that happend scarred me... she got hit by a truck. I called her brothers and her parents and needed to lie to what was the cause, just for our parents to not fight each other nor blame each other... her face were covered in blood, and she hit her head badly and that's the cause of her amnesia. Few days after she got rushed to the hospital. She woke up, not knowing who I was and who she was, her memories were completely erased. I told her everything, except about Hueningkai, though she asked about an imaginary friend and I know she's talking and bout Hueningkai. So, I lied again, and told her it was only us, we were the only two back then, spending time with each other, playing in the playground and stuff"

He was completely crying. I hesitated to hug him but then he pulled me and cried on my shoulders. "I'm,  scared she'll hate me, and remember all the things that happend in the past. I don't want her to get hurt!" He said continuously crying. "Don't worry, I'll keep it a secret" I said as I smiled "Arigato" he stopped hugging me and wiped his tears. "We better get going, it's actually class time" he said as he stood up

"He really didn't say anything, trust me" I said, she nodded and believed it, I internally sighed.

'I guess I'm involved in maintaining the lie now... for my friend's sake'