Changes

Disclaimer, I really am having a hard time writing these days so I apologize for this random, no structure story. And when I say random, this is really random

**********

Nine, Eight

"Kayc, hurry up!"

The boy wasn't teasing; he was mocking, and the girl knew.

Kaycee huffed, frowning in annoyance, as she pushed her short legs and little feet harder against the pedals as she tried to race up with him in their bikes.

Sean's annoying laugh echoed through the air as they sped up through their street and being the competitive girl that she is, she growled as she sped a bit further until she could feel her bike suddenly going out of control. The next thing she knew, she was on the ground, groaning, and her bike had fallen on its side.

"Kayc!" Sean's voice became frantic as he realized what happened, jumped out of his bike and ran to her, face morphing into guilt and genuine worry.

"This is all your fault!" she exclaimed, tears in her eyes.

Sean scowled. "How is this my fault? Blame your short legs!"

This angered the girl even more, having enough of the boy's teases. With another growl, she swiped her foot under the boy, knocking his balance off and making him land on his backside.

"Ouch!" he yelled, earning a small giggle from the girl. He glared at her, and without warning, he shouted at the top of his lungs. "MA! MRS. RICE!"

It wasn't a minute when his mom and Laura Rice ran out of his house. Both moms hastily surveyed the scene, paused, and seeing their children's expressions, they knew what went down. Miya breathed out in relief while Laura stifled a laugh.

"Now what did you do this time, sweetie?" Laura asked as she helped her daughter stand up.

"What? Mom! You should be asking him that! Not me!" Kaycee protested, her big helmet askew on her head.

"She did her Taekwondo tricks on me again, Mrs. Rice!" he countered.

"She wouldn't do that if you didn't do anything, Sean," Miya said with a smile while dusting his pants.

"But I didn't!"

"He said I have short legs!" Kaycee exclaimed, face red.

Now, Laura chuckled at this. "You really do have short legs, sweetie," she said, still laughing.

"Mom!"

"HA!" Sean said, aggravating the situation by sticking out his tongue at her.

"Look at yourself then!" Kaycee spat, crossing her thing arms. "You look like a -a -" her eyes swept over him, finding something to insult him with.

"A what?" Sean challenged.

"A...A xiaolongbao with eyes and mouth! Look at that stupid spiky hair!" she huffed.

"What did you say?" Sean was fuming. He was about to charge at the girl, and the latter was up for the challenge, but their mothers held them back.

"Kids!" Laura started.

"Sean, go to your room. That's not how we taught you. Is that what you're going to do when you're angry with your sisters?"

"She's not my sister!"

"She's your best friend."

"No, not right now," he glared at the girl who was still panting hard in anger.