Plus One; Other Half

A simple something. Dedicated to seayceecentral and theonewheree

*****

She worked her way through a cheap pack of cigarettes
Hard liquor mixed with a little bit of intellect

A thick tuft of jet black hair shot up from the floor beside the bed at the sound of the loud riff of electric guitar and thundering beat of the drums of a song that was his alarm for the week. With eyes still shut in sleep, he blindly groped for his phone to turn his alarm off.

And all the boys, they were saying they were into it
Such a pretty face, on a pretty neck

"Sean. Alarm," a raspy voice came from under the blankets on the bed and a bush of curls, stirring from her sleep as she turned to her other side, facing him.

"On it," he said in his equally dry vocal cords as he finally felt his phone and swiped and clicked on it to turn off the rock song.

Sean groaned, still groggy, as he planted his face on his bed, where his best friend was currently half-sleeping.

If people thought that Kaycee Rice has the Lew's guest room as her permanent room whenever she sleeps over -they were absolutely right. It is just that the two teens just recently reunited as the girl has been pretty booked and busy the past two weeks, and they decided to catch up throughout the night, playing cards, and ended up falling asleep after sharing their random reflections from the past days.

Sean woke up in the middle of the night with the girl tucked against his neck and chest, and while this happened a hundred of times before and that he preferred to feel her warmth, he decided not to give his mother a heart attack lest she decided to walk into his room and catch them in that intimate position yet again. It wasn't new, but Miya Lew preferred any visitor from the opposite sex -even if it was a best friend, or a boyfriend in the case of Kylee -stays in the guest room.

"Morning," Sean rasped, lifting his head to see Kaycee's face close, lips partly open in light slumber, eyes still closed as her lashes fall perfectly against her perpetually flushed cheeks.

Kaycee pursed her lips, her eyes fluttering open, before closing it again. "Morning," she breathed. She was still so tired from her travel; she wanted to get married to the bed. "What's our agenda for today?" she asked, despite her half-awake brain.

"The Arena competition and awards. Photoshoot with Showstopper," Sean monotonously said.

"Oh. Was that today?" Kaycee asked tiredly, licking her dried lips, eyes still closed.

"Hm," Sean could only hum, sleepy gaze fixed on her lips. "Will you come with me today? I don't want you to be alone here."

Kaycee's eyes fluttered open again. "You want me to go with you?" she asked, trying to confirm that her hearing wasn't failing her.

Sean softly smiled. "Only if you want to. I mean...I know you want to rest and all, but...I kind of wantyoutherewithme..." he said, mumbling the last part, making his best friend scrunch her eyebrows.

"What?" Kayc asked, a playful smile on her lips. Sean frantically shook his head. "No, Sean. Only, if you want me to," she gave him a small smile.