Awkward

Random something. Please bear these drabbles for a season lol

*****

He stopped mid-step in a dance move as the music stopped, replaced by a special ringtone indicating that his best friend was calling.

He walked over to the sound system, unplugging his phone and pressed the phone to his ear.

"What's up?" Sean panted into the call, wiping the sweat off his face with the hem of his shirt.

"Busy?" Kaycee's soft voice came through.

"Not anymore. Why, what are we up to?"

"I was so bored at home. So I was thinking of movies! Anabelle Comes Home is showing!" she said excitedly over the phone, which made him crack a smile.

"Okay, ricebowl," he chuckled. "What time are we meeting?" he asked.

"I am actually...fifteen minutes away from your house," she said, and he could imagine the smug smile on her face.

She had always subtly brag to him how she could now drive as far as his house without any incidents, which he is still trying to achieve at the moment.

"So you really assumed I would say yes. What if I said no and that I was busy?" he said amusedly.

"I know you'd say yes," she said confidently. "So get ready in fifteen. See ya!"

Sean shook his head in amusement and rushed inside to shower.

The best friends fell into the easy routine they're used to, with Sean sighing heavily the moment he rode shotgun, noticing what she was wearing and making her giggle.

"And here I thought I lost that hoodie somewhere," he had said, rolling his eyes playfully, nodding at his Fairplay hoodie that drowned Kaycee's petite frame.

"Sorry. It is comfortable. The fabric's smooth," she said as she started to drive away, laughing.

"I'm running out of my sweaters, Kayc. Give me back some!"

"I actually washed two of them and brought it –"

"Two of them?" he asked incredulously, rounding at her. "How many of my sweaters are with you exactly?"

"I don't know. Maybe six of them?" she said sheepishly.

Sean could only sigh but didn't comment any further, hiding his smile as he fake-scratched his lips. It didn't really matter to him because he loved seeing her in his clothes especially when they are together. Sure, they are still best friends by title, but there is something seeing her in his clothes make his stomach churn –and yes, it's the freakin' butterflies attacking his insides.

They arrived at the cinemas and did their usual designated tasks –Kaycee buying the tickets, and Sean buying the popcorn and drinks (caramel for her and cheese for him). They took their seats at the very last row, as they bought right before the showing time, and comfortably settled, taking deep breaths to ready themselves for any shock in the first few minutes of the movie.

They rarely watch thriller movies, mostly because Sean couldn't actually handle them; Kaycee would just blink and hardly flinch throughout. But he was the kind of scaredy-cat who would actually seek the thrill, so he would accompany Kaycee into these movies – and also secretly hoping that when she would get scared, he could get his Kaycee-cuddles.

Thirty minutes into the movie, and the moviegoers had intermittently screamed in shock and jumped in their seats, with Sean nervously nibbling his popcorn while Kaycee was comforting him by absently rubbing his forearm. This went on for many more minutes, and Sean decided to distract himself by mixing their popcorns into one bucket, putting the food in between them, and removing some from his best friend's hair when he jumped in his scene during a scene earlier. Kaycee's eyes were wide in anticipation, gaze still fixed on the screen.