Come and Get Your Love

May 3rd, 2015 - 11:02 AM

Alex was sitting on the couch with Toni, watching a movie. As the movie concluded, Alex turned to her.

Alex: Toni...

Toni: Yeah Alex?

Alex: There is something I need to tell you.

Toni: Is it bad news?

Alex: Well depends on how you look at it.

Toni: Just tell me.

Alex: Toni... I'm in love with you...

Toni's cheery expression changed and she looked down to the floor. Alex leaned in closer to see if she was okay. By surprise, Toni kissed Alex and pushed him down on the coach.

Toni: Oh Alex, I love you too!

Alex: Oh Toni!

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

Alex woke up from his dream and gasped. This surreal dream had him a bit psyched out. Then, a heard a faint knock. He put on some sweatpants and went to the door. He opened to find Toni standing.

Alex: Hey Toni.

Toni: Hey Alex. How you doing?

Alex: I feel fine for the most part. What brings you here today?

Toni: I just wanted to talk to you for a bit.

Alex: Sure, come on in.

Toni walked in and sat on the couch, Alex joined her. She

Toni: I'm sorry, Alex.

Alex: What do you mean?

Toni: About the car crash?

Alex: Why are you apologizing?

Toni: If I hadn't ran into the street like that, you wouldn't have almost died. If you had died, I...

A tear rolled down her eye and Alex put his arm around her. She moved her face into his chest.

Alex: Toni... it's okay. I'm fine.

Toni: But what if you're weren't. I would have to live with that on my mind.

Alex: Toni... in spite of what happens to me, if you're safe and sound. I can rest easy.

Toni moved her head back and looked at Alex.

Toni: Alex...

Alex: Honestly, I'm kind of glad that you came by today. There's been something I need to tell you too.

Toni: Yeah, anything.

Alex: Toni, I'm in lo...

Just then, Alex's phone began to ring. It was Jim that was calling.

Alex: I'm sorry, it's Jim calling.

Toni: Answer it, must be important.

Alex: Hey Jim.

Jim: Hey Alex, how are you feeling.

Alex: I've been doing fine. Just a bit sore.