That First Card

I was completely devastated. The doctors words echoed in my head.

"It is unlikely that your child has a quirk."
"With chances this low it might as well be zero, I suggest you don't get your hopes up."

I had the signs of having a quirk, and the doctor said there were cases of late bloomers. There was still hope, I just had to hang on to that. Mom was trying to comfort me the whole way home. She said that I would definitely get my quirk, it will just take longer...

Mom has been the only constant in my life ever since the doctor visit a few weeks ago. Kacchan has started being mean to me, and the others in class aren't nice either. The teachers stick up for me when they can, but they can't see everything that happens.

I was laying in my room, crying softly so Mom didn't hear... I cared about Mom a lot and she cared for me even more than that... I don't want to burden her more than I already have with my depressed state.

I wince, there was a sudden pain in my head. I grab my head gently as the pounding increases, more tears slide down my face. I gasp as one final painful hit ends it...
Suddenly I see a card floating and spinning in front of me.
It looks like a silver version of a fortune teller's cards... carot card? Harot card? I don't remember.

The card is giving off a green, caring aura. It also has Mom's face on the front.
I grab the card and feel power course through me. The card disappears. I panic, not knowing whats happening, and flail off the bed, multiple objects get thrown across the room as I do this.

"Izuku! Are you ok sweety!?" Mom comes busting through the door, I look at her from my seat on the floor. "M-mom..." I think about what just happened... there is no other explanation. "I-I think I got my quirk." I say with a massive smile.

——————

We visited the Quirk Doctor early in the morning, getting me off of school.
The tests weren't really that extravagant. I called upon Mom's card and grabbed it. It gave me Telekinesis that can affect organic and inorganic matter. I could use this ability for almost a whole day, but the doctor also said that if I use it without any breaks I'll get a headache. And I could turn it off and get the card back to back!

They told me to think of any of my friends, so I of course thought of Kacchan, and a regular looking card with Kacchan's picture appeared. I grabbed it and barely felt anything, but I still could make crackles in my hands...

"Well it seems your child is that lucky 1% of late bloomers! His quirk seems to rely on bonds with other people. The stronger the bond, the stronger the associated ability. It also seems you and your son have an unbreakable bond, and that made your ability way stronger for your son." I vibrated in pure joy as the doctor said this, Mom replied as she pat my head "I told you my little Izu." She brings her attention to the doctor as he speaks, "all that neads to happen now is registry of quirk and naming! I'll leave the little guy to determine that. You have a nice day, now." "You too Doctor."