Practice Makes Perfect

After a few days of being ignored, Bradley and I finally start talking. We meet at his house and I climb through the window . "Ok, freak, wha--" "Don't call me that. You know what happened last time," I scold. Bradley shrugs and continues talking, "What do I have to do Jana? Hmm? Run away to the forest and be one with nature?" I growl at him, and shove him. "No, dork. I want you to take your shirt off," I command. Bradley stares at me in a weird way. "Why? So you can gawk at my bare chest again?" I blush and tell him no.

"If you don't want to rip your shirt again, I suggest you do as I say. Take your pants off too," I say. Bradley hesitates, but obeys me. "Alright. Now what?" He asks while taking his pants off. "Think of being on all fours. Think about becoming a wolf," I say. Bradley sighs loudly and gets on his hands and knees. In a flash, he is a wolf. I grin and pet his fur. Bradley nudges my hand off of his head and grunts. "I'm still really sorry, Bradley. Look, I'll make it up to you somehow. Promise," I say. Bradley squeezes his eyes shut, and changes back into a human.

"You can't make it up to me. Not what you made me," he says, and walks away. I go after him and put my hand on his shoulder. "Hey, I said I was sorry. Being a wolf can be and is a good thing. Trust me." Bradley sighs and walks away. He goes over to sit on the bed. "I'm sorry. I just have to adjust to becoming a....werewolf." He rubs his legs and goes to put on his pants.

"We're just a wolf, dork--Bradley," I say. I quickly apologize and he forgives me. "I know how it feels to be something you won't accept. But trust me; you'll love it once you get used to it." Bradley looks at me, and for a moment, we lock eyes. Bradley leans in to me, and I back away. "Um, let's uh, go over transforming again. I want to make sure you have it right," I stutter. Bradley nods quickly and growls at himself. "I'm sorry. I just--I don't know why I did that," he apologizes. I accept his apology, trying to erase the memory out of my mind.

"I think I've got it!" Bradley says, voice full of triumph. I chuckle and push him. He smiles, but it quickly fades away. "What's the matter?" I ask. "Are you still thinking about when you tried to kiss me? Bradley that was hours ago. I've forgotten about it until now. Let it go," I say. Bradley looks at me and says, "I still think that what I did was stupid. Why would I try to kiss YOU? I--" I stare at him, eyes wide. "Oh God, I didn't mean it that way. Jana! Where are you going?" I walk away at a fast pace and answer, "I'm leaving. What else would I be doing?" I snap. "I'm sor--" I cut Bradley off quick. "Save it for someone who actually cares about who you want to kiss." I walk away, tears forming in my eyes.