Chapter 9

Oh, my, gosh guys I'm so sorry for being absent lately! But I just got a new phone so your prayers are answered! But... School just started up so I'm not going to be updating quite as frequently. Also, warning about thischapter... It starts off pretty dirty so yeah.

Chapter 9:

More Than Just AFriend

Carter's POV

Just when I got up to go to the door, I heard a female voice behind me, which made me jump in surprise

"Ruby." I snarled. I was so pissed off at her; why would she do that to Courtney? I thought ruby was different.

"Hey, hey now. Don't stress." She ordered in a calming tone, sat me down onto a white bean-bag chair and put a damp cloth on the damaged part of my forehead. "you got your head hurt pretty bad there." I just stared at her, squinting my eyes. As if I wasn't seeing clearly.

"Oh, don't look at me like that." She ordered.

"And why shouldn't I? I saw a side of you tonight that I've never seen before."

She moved her face so close to mine that our eyes were a mere inch away and quietly spoke,

"Well, I really want your forgiveness. How could I ever make it up to you...?" Her eyes fixated on my lips, finally closing the space between us. Her lips were soft and plump, and at the first brief seconds I remained with my eyes open, but then I proceeded to close my eyes and kiss her back. The kiss was passionate, that much was sure. But our lips did not move in sinc, nor did I feel anything for her.

Maybe it was the fact that making out with Ruby was the last thing I wanted at that moment. Or maybe it was the fact that weather it was negative or not, I felt and delivered great passion to the kiss. Eventually Ruby moved on top of me, straddling my body and she grinded my crotch, letting a moan of pleasure escape my lips; which caused everything to intensify.

I started kissing her neck and picked her up by her thighs. Carrying her across the room and laying her down when I heard someone open the door. Shooting my head up, I looked around, surprised to see no one there. Which reminded me that I had absolutely no idea where I was. Ruby grabbed the side of my face and forced me to look at her. As soon as my eyes connected with hers, I couldn't explain it. I just felt an urge to leave.

So I got up and started walking towards the door so I could find out where I was.

When I opened it I was blasted by loud music and the smell of vodka. Before even thinking, I got my phone out of my pocket to call Courtney.

"Hello?" She said, her voice calming and relieving me.

"Hey, Court'. I'm kinda over this party. Can I come over?"

She paused, and then replied, "Sure, but Hailey's here."

"Kay, thanks."

~

When I got there, I was greeted at the door by Hailey, who let me in. "Courtney's in the bathroom right now, and don't tell her I told you this, but this is her 'week' so she's gonna take a while." She informed me, leading me to the living room. I let out a bit of a laugh and started walking toward the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" Hailey asked.

"You'll see." I replied and opened the fridge door, looking for something. Pulling out the Little Caesar's pizza box, I booty-bumped the door close. Then I put a few slices in the microwave, the pizza box back in the fridge, and started looking for a plate. Just when I got it, the microwave started beeping. When I held the pizza, my hand started burning hot so I slammed the food on the plate and shook my hand in the air to cool it down, which is when Courtney came down.

"Did you just come here for my food or something?" She asked, giggling a bit.

I turned to look at her and immediately felt comfortable. Her thick brown hair was in a messy bun, and her makeup was gone, along with her contact lenses so her glasses were on. She was just wearing black track pants with a gray V-neck tee shirt.

"O-oh, th-th-this?" I stuttered. I was at a loss of words at her natural beauty. I realized at that moment why I was so jealous of that stupid Nash kid, and why I even got into a fight with him over Courtney. Also, why I couldn't feel anything for Ruby. I really liked Courtney. More than just as a friend.

"Yeah, that." She raised an eyebrow curiously and asked, "is uh... Everything alright?"

"Yeah, uhh, this is for you.." I gave her the pizza, but refused to make eye contact. It was weird, knowing that I liked her in thatway. But how could I not?

"Oh, thanks. But.. Why?"

"Uh..."

"What the hell...??" She cut me off and gently turned my head to the side, so that she could investigate the bruise on the side of my face.

"Oh it's nothing." I quickly jerked my head away. I didn't want her knowing how immature I am, that I would start a fight with Nash.

"Nothing my ass. What happened?" She asked, getting a bag of frozen peas from the freezer. I decided to tell her the truth. Sorta.

"I.. Got in a fight.."

"What? When? With who?" She asked, offering me the peas.

"That doesn't matter." I put the peas on the swollen bruise on my cheek.

"Okay..." She said, with a weirded out look on her face.

"I'm sorry, I've just got a lot going on right now. What time is it?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Uh 2:53."

"Its late, and I should probably get going." I put the peas back in the freezer.

"But you just got here." Hailey said.

"I'll see you later, guys." I started walking toward the door, ignoring Hailey's comment.

"Carter?" I heard Courtney say so I turned around to look her right in the eyes and I got butterflies in my stomach. "Yeah?"

"Are you sure you're alright?" She asked, walking towards me.

"Yeah. Just tired." I assured her with a nervous smile.

"Okay, come here." She said pulling me into a hug, her on her tiptoes and her toes touching mine. I wrapped my arms around her waist, adjusting to the sudden affection.

"Whatever's going on right now, you can tell me." She whispered, her voice tickling my ear.

Is it possible she likes me back?

Okay so that may not have been what you were expecting for this chapter. But Cartney though?? Not much to say in thisA\Nexceptthanksforover 500 readers! Pleasevote, comment, andsharethisbookwithyourfriends!

Xoxo,

PaigeSmilees.