Chapter 7 pt 2

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I try to update as much as possible, but I've been really busy with friends this summer. Yes, Nash is going to be in this book like I already said. But he will not be "replacing" Carter. Shit's just starting to happen and trust me: you're gonna want to stick around for it. c;

Chapter 7 pt 2:

Ruby?

~Nash's POV~

Courtney and I were in the car when we pulled up at a red light. I looked over at her, smiling. She looked gorgeous, and I was beyond happy that she agreed on coming with me to this party.

"What?" she asked confused.

"Nothing. You're just... really, really, beautiful.

She smiled, a flattered twinkle in her eye.

"Thank you. You're not so bad looking yourself, hot-shot." She said and playfully hit my shoulder. I let out a quick laugh to hide the fact that I was blushing a little bit.

"Can I tell you a secret?" she asked nervously.

"Go for it."

"I've never been to a high school party before..."

"Ever?"

"Ever."

"Well, stick with me and you'll have a great time. But don't let anyone you don't know get you a drink."

"Okay. Thanks for the advice."

"No problem. We're here." I said as we pulled up in the very long, crowded driveway to a gigantic house.

"Wow." Courtney said, getting out of the car. "Who's party did you say this was?

"My friend Jack Gillinsky. His parents are insanely wealthy." I said, then gestured to the mansion.

"I can see that." She said.

I followed, getting out of the car and we started walking over to the house. When she looked away I looked at her smiling. I even loved the way she walked. This crush was getting insane.

~Courtney's POV~

"You ready?" Nash asked, concerned.

"I think so."

"You think so?"

"I'll be fine." I said and poured vodka into a shot glass. I decided to give up on 'not drinking' since almost everyone else at the party was absolutely wasted. Plus, I had just seen Ruby "grinding" on Carter. Didn't exactly make me shit rainbows. I looked at the two dirty dancing across the room and then back at the shot glass.

"Cheers." I said sarcastically to Nash and downed the shot glass full of vodka and lime juice.

"Well?" Nash asked. I grinned and him asked him to pour me another one.

~One Hour And Several Shots Later~

"You're drunk." Nash argued.

"Nooooo I'm not!" I protested/slurred. He gave me a, 'seriously?' look.

"Kay, maybe just a teeny tiny bit." I said, holding up my index finger and thumb close together.

"Yeah. Just a little bit." he replied sarcastically, handing me a cup of coffee.

"Are you trying to sober me up? That's, like, the opposite of what guys are supposed to do to girls at a party." I took a sip, and he laughed, amused.

"Awwehh!! You remember what I like in my coffee!" I practically yelled. He blushed and I put the coffee down, throwing my arms around his neck and pulled him into a drunken hug. He put his hands on the small of my back and I buried my head in the crook of his neck.