🇮🇹 Chapter 7. Christmas present

'Mirage.'

The mech turned and stopped cleaning his alt-mode. 'Let me make something clear, alright? I hate Christmas. Never celebrated it and I never will be either but... I do have a present for you, which I think will make you smile a little more.' I grabbed the box. I had wrapped it in some paper. He took it with a frown. 'Why this present then?' He asked. 'It's Christmas eve, isn't it?' He nodded and unwrapped it. 'H-how did you get this?'

'I am really good at what I am doing Mirage. I am stupid. Victoria is an idiot. If you tell her what she wants to hear, she'll tell you everything. You weren't her only victim so I deleted all the files and I thought you might wanted to have this back. Do with it whatever you want, burn it, watch it, I don't care.' I waved my hand. 'Thank you.' I turned around again. 'I am serious about it. I didn't want anyone to know about this.'

I gave a small nod. 'Yeah, sure, whatever.' I grunted. 'Earlier, you asked me why I am so hard to read? Well, I don't like to give people an idea of what is going on in my pathetic life. I don't like talking about it, I don't like strangers and I don't like aliens but I guess you're okay. I just feel like you lost a bit of your confidence and that's a shame because you're good and you shouldn't doubt yourself.'

He smiled weakly. 'Yeah, you're probably right. People always expect me to be some sort of... god. I am the best spy on Cybertron but most of the time I disappoint people. Or that's how it feels like. I lost everything, my home, my parents, my friends... everything because of the war. I only have the Autobots wandering around this base and sometimes I feel distance between me and them. They don't know what's it's like to be a spy. It's lonely and sometimes I hate it. I never even wanted to became a spy.'

I could relate to that. '...but you make smile. There aren't many people I trust but you really did something to me the moment I saw you.' I shook my head. 'I just want to do something fun, so please, come with me to the market. We don't have to be there all day, just an hour.' I sighed. 'You're really good playing with my feelings, huh?'

He smirked a little. 'It's my specialty,' he teased. 'Okay, Mr. Arrogant. I'll go with you.' He smiled again. 'Thank you.'
He gestured for me to hop in. 'Have you seen the tape?' I shook my head. 'No, and even if I would have, I don't care. I know how a male looks like and I know what a guys do, so... why be ashamed of that?' He glanced at me. 'No, I haven't seen it,' I assured. 'Thank you.'

'Unless you allow me to.'
'No, absolutely not.'

I smirked a little. 'You're shy.' He snorted. 'I am not shy. I just don't like talking about it,' he snorted. 'Sure you don't.'
He glanced at me. 'I am serious.' I hummed. The mech drove towards the market. It was busy, it was cold, there was music and Christmas decorations everywhere. This place disgusted me. Why did I ever agree? Why am I doing this to myself. I hopped out and sank a few inch in the snow. 'Great,' I scowled. 'Come on.' Mirage's voice sensed shivers down my spine. I don't know why it happened.

I looked around. 'Why do you like this?' He glanced at me. 'Why wouldn't I like it?' He retorted. 'The music, the business, the humans...' I trailed off. 'I don't hate humans. Just disrespect them sometimes. It cheers me up.' I hummed. It definitely didn't cheer me up and only got me in a grumpier mood. Mirage on the other hand had some sort of resurgence.

An hour later, we returned to the base. 'Thank you for coming. I really appreciate.' I uttered a mixture of a grunt and him. 'Anyway, see you around.' I hopped out and shut his door. I wanted to be alone. I've seen enough humans for one day. Around the Decepticons, there are no other humans. It's just me, the forest and the Decepticons. Here I am surrounded by other humans. They are in my way and they annoy me.

I headed towards my room and laid down on my back, closing my eyes. The peace was amazing. I sincerely missed it. I curled up and fell asleep. I was awoken by my pager screaming like crazy. I reached for it and glanced at the small screen. 'Ugh...' I hoisted myself up and grabbed my shoes. I rushed towards the main hanger. 'You needed me?'

I was cranky like hell. I wasn't even supposed to be on duty yet. 'We have Christmas dinner tonight so, let's do this quickly,' he said. 'I can handle it. I am not going to the dinner,' I muttered. Ironhide blinked. 'Why not?' He asked, rather confused. 'I hate Christmas. It doesn't have any meaning to me. I don't want presents, I don't want food, I don't want songs and I don't want the stupid tree. So, I can handle it and you go to your dinner, alright?'

Ironhide nodded slowly. 'Alright, you're okay?' He asked. 'I am fine. Weapons?' He gave a small nod. 'Yeah...' I grabbed a crate and walked ahead. Ironhide followed me at a slower pace. 'Are you abused?' Ironhide suddenly asked. 'My parents are dead. I grew up as an orphan, which was hard sometimes. Especially because some people were rude and hard on me.'

'Maine, tonight's can change your mind...' I snorted and placed the crate down. 'I don't wanna talk about it and I am not coming.' I passed him. 'I think Mirage would really like it if you come to have dinner with him,' he trailed off. 'But I don't. I bet there are plenty of other people he can sit with,' I sulked. Ironhide but his lip while eying me. 'Anything else,' he shook his head and let me pass so I could pick up another crate and carry it to the training hall.