Union

A screaming head was thrown at one of the silhouettes, making him shout, "Watch it, punk!"

The taller one laughed at his brother, barely minding the fact that the head was biting his brother's hand.

"Stop laughing at me and help!" The short one yelled.

"But your face is too priceless! Plus, the head likes you."

Throwing the head off his hand, the short one groaned as he looked at the bleeding bite mark he had. "I told you, this is a hard task. You're the one who brought me here, so I'd like you to explain what we're going to do!"

"As I told you about a million times, we're going to see her and then we'll kill Bill. He's here, in Oregon. Simple!"

"Well, where is she?"

"Somewhere in the forest. Did you expect her to live in the Land of Sweets, idiot?"
______________

Both Wirt and Bill felt their feet sinking into the snow. The clouds were, oddly enough, green, and frozen blocks contained blurry faces. 'This couldn't be just weather', Wirt thought.

"This kid must be crazier than we thought, right, Beast?" Bill said, chuckling. Wirt simply gave him a stony glare.

"Alright, I get it, I'm not funny. At least to you. Hey, try to be nice to me for once, Gnome Boy."

Scowling at his new nickname, Wirt responded, "I just met you."

Not knowing how to respond, Bill trod on. In the distance, a boy of white-blond was spotted weeping icy tears.

"Yeesh, issues much?" Bill commented.

Before Bill started to dart over to the boy, Wirt put one of his long arms in front of him.

"What's the deal with you?"

"Look, let me talk to him. The kid looks like he's been through a lot."

Bill grunted. "You don't even know what I'm doing with him, so shut your yaps."

Ignoring Bill's casual rudeness, Wirt approached the boy, lantern in hand.

Warmth. It made him freeze. The boy's tears melted, warming his blue face. Someone else was there. Not only did he feel his tears melt, but it also felt like his skin melted too.

"Who are you?" Wirt's cold voice asked, pausing the warmth the boy felt.

"I thought no one was left in Ooo.." the boy muttered.

"We're not from Ooo."

"Oh.. my name's Finn Me- I'm Finn." He would've said his last name, but he thought he didn't deserve it- not after what he did. 'You don't have a family anyway,' the voice rang in his head.

Wirt saw ocean blue eyes, a long nose and a large frown on Finn's face, which were all covered in tears. His long hair was hooded in a hat that possibly resembled a polar bear. The boy seemed to be disabled, since one of his arms was made of metal. The only thing that didn't seem cold about this boy was the crown placed on his head, which had three sparkling red jewels on it.

"Another freak to add to my group! Hurray!" A high-pitched voice broke the silence, and Finn sniffed at the word 'freak'.

'Don't kid yourself, Mertens. You're a freak.' the voice in his head rang again.

"Oh, don't worry, a lot of people I know are freaks. There was this nerd I met that had six-"

Putting a hand on Bill's mouth, Wirt interrupted, "Don't mind Cipher. He talks like that to everyone."

Pushing the hand away, Bill continued, "I need you to help me and mister sad-sack. There's someone after me back home, and we need your help. You seem alone, and who doesn't like some company?"

'Company sounds good..' the voice told Finn.

"Alright."