Watched

"Ah, home sweet home." Bill sighed.

The wreckage and destruction was the only thing left of the formerly sleepy town of Gravity Falls. Of course, since over half of the citizens were turned to gold to add to Bill's throne of human torture, most of the people left in town were at the Mystery Shack, where they were probably still planning a revolution that would probably fail. Most shops were now ruins, and fear surrounded the town like flies surround dead, decaying bodies. Monsters and beasts roamed the town of Gravity Falls like they were just normal people.

"How.. wonderful." Wirt rolled his eyes.

"This place is.. the weirdest thing ever." Finn muttered.

"Nothing's changed about it for three years. Honestly, I like it better this way." Bill replied, the forever creepy smile spreading on his face.

"Wait, what do you mean by that?" Wirt asked, raising an eyebrow.

For a moment, Bill's smile grew impossibly wider. "Oh, this place used to be hiding all its mysteries. But then I took over and now it's like hell on Earth!"

"Yeesh, you're that bad?" Finn whispered under his breath.

"Don't act like I can't hear you, ice guy." Bill snapped.
____________

Many hours ago...

"Cup! Mug! Glad you two finally showed up." The brown haired young woman spoke. The two brothers looked at each other nervously. Facing her wasn't frightening, no, there was a slight warmth to her voice. It was because they haven't found Bill. They made a deal with her, and if they didn't keep their part of it, they didn't know if they would be alive or not.

"Yeah, sorry about that.. we were having some technical difficulties." Mugman, the taller one of them, muttered shakily. The girl raised an eyebrow.

"I know it's hard to find an all-powerful demon, but it's been days, guys. Did you find him?"

Suddenly, they broke into a cold sweat. "We're so sorry!" They yelled in unison. A gasp came out of her mouth, and she let go of the imaginary teacup she pretended to hold in her hands.

"I trusted you and you come back to me without finding him? Do you even know what you're supposed to do?"

His mouth ajar, Cuphead, the short one, said in a small voice, "Find him and kill him?"

"That is the opposite of what I told you! Find him and do anything to him except killing him!" She breathed heavily.

Mugman took a step back in fear. "Sorry for the inconvinience, m'lady, w-we are heading off now- to find him!" He gulped, snatching his brother's hand and darting off.

The fate of Gravity Falls was placed in the hands of two men with ceramic heads.

"It's time I've thought about my life decisions," the girl thought.
___________

As Cuphead and Mugman walked amongst chaos, they argued about what to do.

"Okay, we're heading somewhere real far. I stole rotten food, got us some water and a lighter. They say the Unknown is harsh, but I mean, we're demons, right?" Cuphead babbled.

Mugman rolled his eyes. "Half demons. If we were just demons, we wouldn't need all that food ye stole."

Cuphead made an abrupt stop. "Ye hear that?"

"Stop talking so I can listen!"

From afar, a high-pitched voice blethered on about stars and trees. Intruiged, the two looked behind them to see a blurry boy with chestnut brown hair next to two men who were taller than him, one wearing a gnome hat on top of his head.

Suddenly, Mugman felt himself being tugged by a gloved hand into a flaming gap between two buildings. Cuphead was looking from behind a building to get a closer look at the three people.

"What the hell, Cuphead?"

"Doesn't that voice sound familiar to you? That's BILL. He's next to those two weirdos. He's got protection."

"Why can't we attack him now?" Mugman complained.

"Didn't you hear me, you incompetent idiot? If we attack now, we probably won't come back alive! It's easier when he's alone." Cuphead barked.

Mugman pushed Cuphead away and poked his head out. He only saw the trio's backs, which meant they were heading north.

"Are we following them?" Mugman questioned.

"Yes, yes we are."

A/N: Terrible digital art by me. Trust me, I'm better at traditional art, but I was testing things. Heey, we're unofficially out of hiatus! Sorry for the confusion, but ye know, I think the hiatus can be over by now. Hey, at least it wasn't for months, right? Hope ye enjoyed this one, readers.