Ghost

One year after Weirdmaggedon...

A mess. Mabel's life was a mess. She could've went back to California, but she wanted to stay and try to save her family. Again.

They've been trying for a year now, but without Dipper and Stanford, who was turned into another piece of Bill's collection of statues, it was extremely difficult.

Stanley knew barely anything about Bill, and all that Mabel knew is that she needed revenge on him for 'killing' her brother.

That day was supposed to be her and her brother's birthday. But she didn't have a brother.

Sometimes Mabel would hear voices in the distance.

"Mabel! Mabel, it's Dipper! I'm still here!"

It would sound exactly like Dipper's voice. The same voice he was always insecure of, the voice she would laugh at.

Now, she would shed a tear at it. She wished she could've shown him that she loved him. Now, it was too late.

"Dipper.. are you actually there?" she would respond to the voices she heard.

Mabel thought she was insane. Dipper wasn't there in her opinion. She only thought she was grieving.

She would see flashes of Dipper, sitting in the room she was in, reading the journal as he usually was.

"Where are you now?" she whispered.
____________

Two years after Weirdmaggedon...

He couldn't take it anymore. It was their fifteenth birthday, and he didn't want her to be alone.

She was in the now destroyed woods, where Dipper found her having an imaginary party.

"Mabel, hi. I know you can't see me. I wish you could. I miss you just as much as you do."

Hearing those words, Mabel twitched her eye. "You're not real. You're gone."

Dipper's heart slowly began to shatter. How could she hear him? How come she was denying it?

Mabel didn't want to hear Dipper. She heard his voice echoing in her head, and she wanted to shed a tear.

"Someday I'll get my body back from Bill."

Mabel frowned. "Dipper, don't lie to me. I'm not dumb. This is just my hopes and dreams talking to me."

Dipper smiled. "At this rate, at least you still have hopes and dreams." Mabel's frown turned into the smallest smile Dipper had ever seen.

"Imaginary brother, do you want some imaginary Mabel Juice?" she asked, smiling.

Dipper knew she was joking, but he was very much happy that she was. "Why not?"

If Dipper stared at the sky, he would probably see a flying eyeball, so he just stared at his feet.

"Dipper, are you real? Like, an actual ghost?"

Dipper smiled softly at his sister's question. "Well, there was a ghost in Pacifica's manor, so yeah." Dipper stared into Mabel's eyes and noticed how they were slightly watering.

"Sometimes I think you'll forget me. Is that possible?"

Mabel made a small gasp. "No. Never." It looked liked Mabel was about to hug him before she realized that he wasn't actually there. Dipper, noticing what Mabel did, gave her another one of his awkward sibling hugs.

"Awkward sibling hug?" he asked.

"Awkward sibling hug." she replied.

Dipper could've sworn a tear went through his body.

"Pat, pat." they said to each other while actually patting each others' backs.

Mabel was patting the air, but she felt something pat her back too. 'Just like we used to..' she thought.

"I promise we'll see each other again." he assured her. Mabel gave Dipper one of her signature warm braced smiles, which warmed his heart.

"See ya, bro-bro."

"See ya, sis."

Mabel really didn't want him to leave. At that moment, she could've sworn she'd seen Dipper again, smiling back at her. He disappeared, just as suddenly as he appeared.

"I still miss you."

A/N: Am I updating too fast? Is the book too short? Should I take a break? Am I just too angsty? Please help. I can't stop writing. Also, I think I wrote a chapter that has uhh.. about six hundred sixty six words. I'm very impressed.