The Vet : Randy

Rye's PoV

All I was doing was driving to back to Bristol. All I had done was go to the shops to pick up something really quick for my Mum's birthday in 3 days. It was a quick, run of the mill, average thing that a lot of people do daily. So why? Someone please tell me why? Why am I the one that ends up hitting a poor little dog with my car. 

I was paying attention, I always do, I'm a very careful driver, but the little thing ran out from no where. There was literally nothing ahead of me then suddenly there it was, whimpering as my car hit his body.

Of course the first thing I did was pull over to check if it was okay. It was laying unconscious on the ground with blood dripping from its middle and it had blood on his fur on his legs. I quickly looked around to see if he had an owner or if anyone was coming to get him but there was no one in sight. I notice that it's a boy. I checked to see if he had a collar on but there wasn't one of those either. This poor boy.

I did the only thing I could do , the only thing any decent person would do. I picked him up and put him in the back of my car, making sure not to put too much pressure on anywhere that would hurt him. I quickly put him in my car and covered him with a towel and drove as quick as I could, without breaking the law, to the nearest vets. I have had pets before so I know where the Vets are in Bristol. 

The whole ride there I have been looking in the mirror, making sure that the dog's okay. I reach the vet after about a 10 minute ride. Obviously, I run into the waiting room by rather unnecessarily and roughly pushing the door open with so much urgency. It was empty other than the woman behind the desk. It is quite late at night so not many people were around anywhere, let alone in this small vets in a small village. The woman behind the desk shot her head up at the abrupt sound then glared at me before noticing the dog in my arms and rushing over to me. She is quite a small and young lady, mid twenties, with ginger hair that reaches her shoulders. She is a pretty girl but I happen to not be interested in her. 

She asks me to bring him into the surgery room, which i do, obviously. When we get in there the actual vet comes running in from down the hall. I'm guessing they have cameras or emergency buttons or something because he comes straight into the room with us. Although it is a crisis, I can't help but admire the beauty in front of me. He has gorgeous blue eyes that I could easily get lost in, dyed blond hair that sweeps over his forehead messily showing that he has been working hard. I could compliment him for hours but I get pushed out of the room with him in and pushed into the waiting room. I sit there for about half an hour to an hour to find out how the dog was.

The hot vet finally came out and gave me the news.

"He has two fractured legs and some internal bleeding but I've stitched him up, bandaged and whatnot, now and he should be better soon, but you will need to bring him in for check ups every week until he gets better." He tells me.

"Umm.. But he's not mine" I explain to him because he just assumed the dog was mine.

"Yeah, he's not anyone's. He doesn't have a microchip or a collar so he has no owner." He counters.

"Yeah but..." I started but he interrupts me.

"'Yeah but' nothing. You hit this poor dog with your car so don't you think he is you're responsibility now?" He asks me with annoyance and sass behind his words. 

"Well yeah, that's why I brought him here."

"Oh. Oh congratulations. Lily would you please get this man his medal on the way out." He replies way more sassy than before.

"What?" I ask him, utterly bewildered but kinda turned on by the tone of his voice. Leave me alone, he's really attractive. 

"Just because you brought him here doesn't mean that you are now ethically in balance. It's your fault he's in here badly hurt so you should be the one to look after him from now on." I feel like I'm getting lectured by him.