Part 2

WARNING: Contains mature scenes. Read at your own risk.

MANAN'S BEDROOM – MUCH LATER

We find Nandini sprawled over the bed, face down. She clutches a pillow and holds it close to her heaving chest as if seeking for comfort. Her face finally emerges from the crinkled sheets. It's red and streaked with tears. She takes a deep breath and calms down. With no more energy left to cry, her eyes lose itself on the pastel walls of the room.

Manik's words echo in her head.

"Get this goddammit! I need my space!"

"I don't need you sitting on top of my head and dictating terms!"

"I don't need you!"

"I'll do what I want!"

"If you feel so bored go and FIND something to do!"

A SERIES OF FLASHBACKS:

Manik taps away on his tablet. He is slouched over a three-seater couch. Nandini sits beside him and hugs his arm. But he doesn't acknowledge her touch. She tries to talk to him, but he is engrossed on his Facebook and Twitter. She repeats her words, but he never responds. Her heart sinks and the brightness from her face fades away.

The night of their first anniversary. Manik trudges into their bedroom, slumps onto the bed and passes out immediately. He is drunk. Nandini watches him for a while, turns over and quietly cries herself to sleep.

Nandini visits the temple with Manik who makes a quick exit. On her way out, she finds a couple moving around like best friends and realizes that Manik was nowhere next to her. They lived together and yet they were so far apart.

Evening of their second anniversary. Manik breaks his promise once again. He cancels their plans and instead goes out to party with friends.

END OF FLASHBACKS.

BACK TO NANDINI.

NANDINI: (through stifled sobs) Why don't you understand Manik? I need you. And I miss you. So much. So, why're you doing this to me? Don't you... love me... anymore?

MORE FLASHBACKS.

IN MANAN'S BEDROOM

Manik is already in bed when Nandini comes out of the shower. She dresses up, gets into bed and sighs in relief when she feels him move in closer.

NANDINI: Still awake?

MANIK: Mmm. What took you so long?

Nandini looks into his eyes. They are soft and longing. Gently, he wraps a leg around and brushes his hardness over her. She begins to grow uncomfortable as he plants soft kisses from her ears down her neck and breasts.

NANDINI: (looks away, quietly) Manik...

MANIK: (continues to pamper her) Mm hum?

NANDINI: (uncomfortable) Manik... not now...

But he ignores her request and continues to try and turn her on.

MANIK: (seductively) Come on. Take it off.

NANDINI: Manik...

MANIK: Come on.

He quietly sits up on his knees and encourages her to do the same. She, however, is hesitant. Even when Manik gently strips her off to the flesh, she remains stiff and rigid. Emotionless. Uncomfortable.

An immense feeling of pleasure washes over his face at the sight of her smooth, milky skin. He holds her close and takes a deep whiff of her fragrant flesh.