6: the dinner

Isabella walked out of the office doors and headed towards her car, pulling her phone out as she walked

Isabella walked out of the office doors and headed towards her car, pulling her phone out as she walked. She climbed into the car, shutting the door behind her and starting up the engine. She put my hands-free on as soon as she could.

"I need coffee. Or something strong. Today has been exhausting." Isabella spoke to Penelope as she drove. "Meet me."

"You know I love coffee." Penelope replied over the phone. "I'm leaving now. Our usual spot?"

"Of course." Isabella replied to her and hung up the phone. It had been almost three weeks since Frank's incident, and Isabella's incident with Coco. She hadn't spoken to him since, even though she'd wanted to. Isabella knew guys like Coco, if he didn't want to speak to her, there was no way she was getting through to him.

Isabella pulled up to the coffee shop and saw Penelope's car outside.

"Hey." She greeted her as she headed over to the table Penelope was sat with two coffees.

"I got you your favourite." She smiled as Isabella sat opposite her.

"Thank you. I'm so tired." Isabella sighed and took a huge sip from the mug of coffee.

"Hard day at the office?" Penelope chuckled.

"I need a break from my father and his company. Seriously." As much as Isabella loved her father, and working for his company, his dedication towards being the best and looking good was draining.

"I guess it comes with the family business." Penelope said.

"You don't say." Isabella started to speak as her phone rang. "Sorry, hang on." She picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Isabella? It's Letty."

"Letty?" Isabella questioned, suddenly remembering it was Coco's daughter, but wondering how she had her number. "Oh, Letty, hi!"

"Hey, sorry to bother you. I got your number from Angel. I just thought I'd mention that it's his birthday this Saturday. Me and some of the other girls were thinking of doing a dinner. It'd be great if you could make it, I know how much Angel and the guys love you." Letty explained down the phone and Isabella started to think.

"Oh Letty, I don't know if that's a good idea." She said uneasily, remembering her tension with Coco.

"Has something happened? With you and Angel?" Letty questioned Isabella.

"No, not Angel." Isabella trailed off.

"Oh," Letty replied quickly. "My Dad."

"Yep." Isabella chuckled down the phone.

"You gotta remember what I told you. Just talk things out with him."
Isabella smiled to herself as she remembered Letty's advice, and her promise that her Dad was a good person. "I really hope we'll see you there."