8: the spill

Isabella had been seeing more and more of Coco in the three months since she'd first kissed him

Isabella had been seeing more and more of Coco in the three months since she'd first kissed him. The pair tried to keep things discreet - they hadn't spoken much about where they were at, but Isabella never wanted to press Coco on what his feelings actually were. She usually ended up at his place, considering her father would start asking questions if Coco was hanging around at Isabella's place. When she had the opportunity, she would be at the clubhouse, usually due to helping out with things, or being there for parties or evening drinking. Nobody was asking questions - yet.

"You mind runnin' these bits back to the clubhouse on your way home? No room on the bike." Coco asked as he put his kutte on.

"Sure." Isabella opened his front door and walked outside in front of him, pressing the button to unlock her car and then opening the boot. Coco put his things in and then closed the boot again.
Coco smiled at Isabella as she opened her car door, and kissed her long and hard before walking over to his bike. Isabella looked at Coco and he gave her a slight nod, letting her know to start driving. He always rode behind her car, almost like some kind of protection.

Isabella drove her car into the yard and parked it in her usual spot, with Coco parking up next to the guys' bikes. She opened the boot and grabbed the things that Coco had given her before they left.

"In the office?" Isabella looked over at him and he nodded as Gilly walked over to him and started talking.

"Isabella. Back again." EZ winked at Isabella from behind the desk as she walked into the office.

"When am I not here, EZ?" She chuckled as she chucked the heavy pile of things onto the desk. EZ looked down at them, confused, and he looked like he was about to ask what they were.
"Don't ask. I was just instructed to put them in here." Isabella said to him before EZ could even speak. He nodded his head like he understood.

"How is he?" He asked her.

"He's good. We're good." Isabella smiled, thinking of how things were going with Coco. The boys were always asking questions about Coco, asking if he was okay. Coco had deep shit going on his life, stuff that Isabella didn't even know about.

"Glad it's all working out." EZ smiled. "After all that complicated shit."
Isabella thought back to the last time EZ had mentioned this. He'd been so vague, and she never got the chance to ask him what he meant.

"What did you mean by that?" Isabella asked him as she sat opposite him on the desk chair. "About Angel going mad?"
EZ stared at her and let out a long sigh. He said nothing as he ran his hands over his face.
"EZ?" Isabella pressed, knowing that his reaction meant he knew something she didn't.

"Shit." He sighed again. "You never knew, did you?"

"Never knew what?" Isabella leaned forward in the chair.

"You better not fucking tell Angel this, Isabella." EZ said as he stood up. "Angel got pretty drunk one night, quite a while back. Started chatting shit about how happy he was that he'd found you again." He leant against the window.