Chapter twelve - When bored

I flip through the many channels on the tv, but I never get to one I like, so instead, I take out my phone and connect it to watch some good ol' Youtube. My dad isn't home today because he had a business trip to attend to, which is one of the reasons he said I could go on the camping trip with my friends. We leave tomorrow, and I still haven't packed but I don't really care. I just love procrastination too much.

I almost fall asleep on the couch, but a loud bang at my window jolts me alert. I grudgingly pull myself out of my blanket and walk over to the window and open the blinds. I'm surprised to see Lucas there, with a few small rocks in his hands. "What are you doing?" I mouth to him.

The corners of his lips turn up a little. "I feel like having boba." He says, his voice muffled through the wall and glass.

I get excited, running up the stairs to go change into something better for boba and grabbing my phone and other necessities just in case. The doorbell rings again, so I quickly grab my shoes and put them on funny because I'm rushing. "I'm coming!" I yell.

Lucas laughs as I get to his car. "What took you so long?" He turns to me, a grin on his face.

"I had to change!" I defend myself.

He just shakes his head and goes his way to the boba place. This time, when I look through the glass door, I'm relieved to see Lyka at the cashier instead of the weird lady from last time. I enter, going towards the cashier. I tilt my head to the side. "Back to work so fast?"

She chuckles. "Of course. Or maybe, by some sort of weird instinct, I knew the my favorite costumer was going to show up today." She winks at me.

I grin, glad to see her okay. "Can I have large lavender milk tea please? Mini boba." I tell her.

She nods. "How about you, Lucas?" She looks expectantly at him.

He ponders for a moment before answering. "Can I get a taro slush with assorted jelly please?"

"Of course. I'll put you guys down as Catherine." She says before we pay. We then take a seat in the corner for the two of us.

When I sit, Lucas looks at me. I tilt my head, kind of uncomfortable. "Well?" I say.

He closes his eyes and scratches the back of his neck. "Sorry. I didn't mean to stare."

I let out a light giggle. "That's okay."

Then he looks at me in the eye again. "It's just, pretty things catch my eye."

My eyes widen at his comment. Is he flirting with me? I don't know what to do. Do I thank him? Do I act like I know that already? I don't know how-

He laughs, at my expression. "You're turning a bit red there." He pokes my cheek, causing me to turn- if possible -even more red."

I smack his hand. "Lucas!" I turn away, trying to hide in my brown hair.

He smirks, a right dimple showing. How cute. Oh no no no. I shake my head, trying to get thoughts out of my head. "Twenty questions?" He asks me.

I nod. "Sure. You go first."

He thinks for a moment, then opens his mouth to speak. "When-"

"Order for Catherine!"

He and I look at each other and laugh before getting our drinks and sitting back down at the table. I poke my straw in, ready to drink my delicious lavender milk tea. "So?" I look expectantly at him.

"When's your birthday?" He questions.

"May 19." I say immediately. "How about yours?"

"October 1st." He says back.

I nod. "Oops, I already said my question."

He shrugs. "Well okay, how about what's your favorite food?" He pauses for a second. "Wait hold up. That's not a good question. I already know the answer to that." He laughs and leans back in his chair, taking his cup and taking a sip.

"Then ask a different one! I don't have all day." I look to my bare wrist and roll my eyes jokingly.

He chuckles, setting his boba down and leaning more towards me. "How bout this. You ready?" He looks at me. I nod. "Have you had your first kiss yet?"

I raise my eyebrows. "Nope. My turn!" He doesn't seem at all surprised at my answer, as if he expected me to say no. Since he asked a "personal" question, I ask him one too. "Have you had a girlfriend yet?"

He turns a light shade of pink, giving me a sheepish smile. "Nope. Not yet, but I'm planning on winning someone's heart soon." He looks at me.

"Your turn." I say, smiling back. I wonder which girl in school has already caught his eye. They would sure be lucky, cause Lucas is quite attractive.

"Hmmm. How many relationships you been in?"

I make a face. "Are we just doing relationship related questions now."

"I dunno are we?" He grins.

We play like that until we're both finished with our drinks, then Lucas and I head over to Estelle's house, inviting the others as well because why not. We ring the doorbell and this time, it's Estelle's older sister, Macey who answers the door. I run up to her, wrapping her in a hug. "Macey you're back!" I say. She's been finishing up her senior year in this school a little bit away, so she only comes home for holidays and breaks.

She hugs me back. "Little short! I wasn't expecting you. Oh hey, Lucas." She replies, using the nickname she used for me when we were younger and greeting her cousin. "Estelle's just chilling in her room right now, so you guys can just head up there."

I grin, hugging her again before pulling Lucas into Estelle's room. "Oh hey guys?" Estelle says when we burst in.

"We were just at boba and we were bored so we came here." I inform her.

"Mmm, okay. Are the rest coming?"

"Yep." Lucas replies for me.

I count off on my fingers. "Trip's coming, Hunter, and of course, your boyfriend Kalvin. Lyka can't come of course, because she can't just leave the shop. Also, she told me that she would love to go to the camping trip but she just can't because she's still gotta take care of her grandmother and she has to run the shop."

Estelle blushes when I say Kalvin is her boyfriend. "He's not my boyfriend!" She glares at me. I can almost hear a faint "Yet." That she mutters under her breath. "Anyways, that's sad that Lyka can't come."

"Yep. Do you have food?"

She doesn't look up from her phone. "In the pantry."

I look to Lucas. "You want anything?"

"Nope. I'm not hungry. We were literally just at boba."

I laugh. "Oops." I say before going down the stairs to grab a bag of barbecue lays.

Sooner or later, all of our other friends appear. I hang out and talk with them before leaving to go home because I have yet to pack.

For some reason, I can't wait for camping.

_____