Chapter eight - When annoyed

Picture of dress above ^^^

_____

"What on Earth is that??" Estelle places a hand on her hip.

"A color."

She rolls her eyes. "Well duh, but I mean like, can you speak English? Cause I have no idea what you're talking about."

I laugh. "It's kinda like a poppy red." I reply.

Her mouth forms an 'O' before she turns back to the rack, pulling out everything that catches her eye or is somewhat close to the color I want. She then puts this whole stack- that weighs a TON -in my arms, before shoving me into the nearest changing room. Thankfully, the changing room is pretty large, so I have a whole rack thing to hang all the dresses Estelle forced onto me.

I pick the first one up. It's a lovely shade of lavender purple... but the shape doesn't look too flattering. I slip it on and immediately grimace when I see myself in the mirror. Halter tops do not go well with my big arms. I laugh, then step outside, where Estelle is still rummaging through another rack. She turns at the sound of the door. Her eyes widen. "Definitely not."

I nod vigorously. "Nope!" I say, before trying on about ten more gowns. Most don't really catch my eye- or fit to my body type. Until I get to the most gorgeous dress I've ever seen. Its a long, red, off the shoulder dress that flares out at the waist, with a long slit running down the side. I put it on, already thinking about how I should style my hair- down, maybe curled. I step outside. "I love it." I say to Estelle.

Her eyes widen as she takes me in. "Catherine Poppy Patel! You look... gorgeous!" She says in awe. "I love it too!"

I hug her. "Okay. I take back what I said about not going with you. There's no way I'm not taking this dress to formal."

She gives me a look. "Told ya so!" I Laugh.

We end up getting the red dress and a light blue gown for Estelle, then, finally, we get to eat.

_____

"I'm starving!" Estelle exclaims, digging into her burger. A few girls from school stare at us in awe, picking at their salads, I presume.

I roll my eyes at my best friend. "Whatever El. You made me shop for like, four hours. I'm the one starving."

She laughs, then her eyes focus on something- or more likely someone behind me. Her eyes widen. "Cath you might want to look."

I turn quickly, then take in who she was staring at. A tall... familiar boy? His head lifts up and I raise my brows in recognition. "Trip." I mutter.

He sees our table and starts to walk towards us, a smirk plastered on his face. He takes the seat next to me while Estelle tries not to laugh. I bury my head in my hands. Everyone- and I do mean everyone -is staring. He chuckles. "Hey there Patel."

"Go away." I mutter. A flashback of Estelle's party comes back to me.

~

"I know we've only known each other for like, two days." He chuckles lightly. "But, Catherine Patel, I really want to get to know you more. So... will you go on a date with me? Or like, a hang out?" He whispers nervously, pulling me close as the songs comes to its end.

I push him away lightly. "What?"

He gives me a nervous smile back. "I said will you go on a date with me?" I look around, looking for some sort of backup. I've never really been asked out before, and I have no idea how to react to this. What did Estelle do? I've watched her reject people slowly thousands of times... except I feel like I should say yes. Do I say yes? I've only known him for a while too, but he seems like a pretty nice guy- if not annoying. A hand waving in my face suddenly calls me out of my thoughts. "Hello? So is it a yes or a no?"